WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Affordable guy
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm contemplating to pull a trigger on Casio Edifice EFV-100. To be precise, the models are EFV-100L-7AVUEF and EFV-100D-1AVUEF.

I've read that bracelet of EFV-100D-1AVUEF isn't that simple, and the strap comes with EFV-100L-7AVUEF is appalling. This is a nonissue, as I'll probably rig them with zulu strap.

Notice in amazon reviews that many folks got this watch with some problems in movement, and condensation in other reviews. Anyone received a defective piece?
(obviously, people tend to leave negative review in case of defetive product than receiving a good product)

Cheers!

·
Registered
Seiko auto's. Monster, Turtle, 5 Sports. Steeldive auto. G Shock. Edifice. Protrek. Casio.
1,047 Posts
The straps are usually the only bad thing about Edifice watches. The bracelets in particular are often tinny, rattly folded link jobs, but as long as they aren't integrated they're easy to change.
Its worth spending more on a strap or bracelet for an Edifice, because these watches usually aren't that expensive but are great bang for buck.

·
Registered
Seiko auto's. Monster, Turtle, 5 Sports. Steeldive auto. G Shock. Edifice. Protrek. Casio.
1,047 Posts
Only other thing i would pick fault with, is the lume on Edifice, Its usually crap.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I briefly had an EFV-100, the bracelet is poor and like BikerJeff said the lume isn't great. The seconds hand might be a little off the indices, which is just luck of the draw. Besides that they're really great watches for the price (I say watches because there's a 35mm version of the same watch, the EFV-110).

Reactions: bearwithwatch

·
Registered
Just one more TX Timex Enabler Club - Broths Hams n Subs
12,597 Posts
I'm contemplating to pull a trigger on Casio Edifice EFV-100. To be precise, the models are EFV-100L-7AVUEF and EFV-100D-1AVUEF.

I've read that bracelet of EFV-100D-1AVUEF isn't that simple, and the strap comes with EFV-100L-7AVUEF is appalling. This is a nonissue, as I'll probably rig them with zulu strap.

Notice in amazon reviews that many folks got this watch with some problems in movement, and condensation in other reviews. Anyone received a defective piece?
(obviously, people tend to leave negative review in case of defetive product than receiving a good product)

Cheers!
i can't comment on this particualr watch.. but I think @Miggyd87 has one.

YO Miggy! ... how is your Edifice?

·
Registered
2,184 Posts

Cheers!
I will echo everything the others above me have said.

Great watch head, build quality is great. Lume is poor but the white dial is magic.

Mine have had no trouble with condensation and my second hand hit the marks 100% of the time on both watches.

Bracelet is where pennies were pinched but with a 20mm lug width, the 100D looks great on a Milenese.

The module does have a very slight tick, but can't be heard past 18" from the ear.

I have owned the white dial 100D (40mm case) and currently own the white dial 110D (35mm case). I wore neither on the bracelet long, many natos and leather straps also both on Milanese bracelets with great success. Depending on your wrist size or how you like your watch cases, it might be worth sourcing the smaller 110D, as IMHO the EFV-100D in white wears pretty large for 40X47. (110D 35x44)

EFV-100D on my 6.25" wrist

EFV-110D on my 6.25" wrist

·
Premium Member
9,391 Posts
I will echo everything the others above me have said.

Great watch head, build quality is great. Lume is poor but the white dial is magic.

Mine have had no trouble with condensation and my second hand hit the marks 100% of the time on both watches.

Bracelet is where pennies were pinched but with a 20mm lug width, the 100D looks great on a Milenese.

The module does have a very slight tick, but can't be heard past 18" from the ear.

I have owned the white dial 100D (40mm case) and currently own the white dial 110D (35mm case). I wore neither on the bracelet long, many natos and leather straps also both on Milanese bracelets with great success. Depending on your wrist size or how you like your watch cases, it might be worth sourcing the smaller 100D, as IMHO the 40mm in white wears pretty large for 40X47. (110D 35x44)
Ditto.

·
Registered
12 Posts

I have an EFR-S107D. I’ll confirm that the lume and bracelet are garbage. The ad says 42mm but it wears very small. Overall a great looking watch, but I think it’s easy to do better for an extra $50 above this price. I wouldn’t say mine was “defective” but Amazon sold it to me as a new item, and it had clearly been opened and returned before, and was missing the slipcase and some other packaging.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The EFV 100 is a great watch indeed. The best part is of course the beautiful case and dial, which looks like it belongs to a watch that costs four times more than what you pay for it. The seconds hand hits the markers like 80% of the time, and it is not as loud as one might expect. As it has already been said, the lume and bracelet are not that great. The lume doesn´t last more than a few minutes, and the bracelet feels cheap, jangly and wiggles a lot. It is usable though, but the watch itself deserves better.

That´s why I decided to swap mine for a rubber strap, which gives the watch a completely different look, but still looks great, with a sporty yet elegant vibe. The strap is 20mm.

Watch Analog watch Finger Clock Wrist
Watch Wood Clock Hardwood Electric blue
Watch Analog watch Rectangle Clock Font

1 - 11 of 11 Posts