WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New poster to this forum and this might be the only time I get a chance as I don't own a G Shock! This is as close-ish, though.... I picked up a Casio F-91 for the bargain price of £7.99 yesterday. I had one when I was a kid and loved it, and it's nice to see that it's still on the go and doesn't seem to have changed. So cheap, good functionality for the price and I like the look of it (maybe that's purely for sentimental reasons!).

I bought it as I needed a watch for situations where my other watches either don't have the functionality (stopwatch for running) or where I'm worried I might damage them (odd jobs around the house, playing squash,etc).

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi kpatt. Thanks for the reply. Wow, that first collection is huge! Your collection is pretty big, too. Very impressive. I must admint I can't quite remember which model I had when I was a kid but I'm sure it's bound to be in one of those collections somewhere! The new purchase will certainly come in handy, too.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I too have the F-91 and maybe one day buy a new one. It is a good watch and reminds me my childhood:)

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Hi cwaff,
Those non G-shock Casio are IMHO often over-looked and under-rated. They have often cemented the reputation of Casio for many people here.
I hope it serves you just as well|>

·
Registered
370 Posts
retro/vintage-ish watches are making a comeback huh? |>

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Where I live (Mexico), the F91 is, without doubt, the most available, affordable, and worn wristwatch. You can see it everywhere. A great timepiece in my opinion. You may never hear anyone talk about it, but, just like oxygen, it's always out there.

:)

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Just found this - strangely, it looks like it is a favourite amoungst terrorists as well:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casio_F-91W
I don't believe that. I think it's just a common, popular watch.
Agreed|>

I think it's best to take everything the sensationalist media produces
with a grain of salt.;-)

It's been noted that this was the type of watch that the main character
on "Everybody Loves Raymond", a long running U.S sitcom, wore throughout.

It must've been a real slow news day for that byline......:roll:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yes as I said before: a lot of things can be used for bad purposes...do you remember when Irak was buying a lot of Playstation consoles?...a lot of people said stupid things like "Sony is terrorist" etc...anyway I dont like any kind of war...countries should make and promote love not war...:)

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Type "Casio F-91W" in Google Image and see the 2nd result (at least it shows as 2nd here) but it's really not a subject for this forum.
It's been a subject of this forum many times. ;-)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts