WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just did this, wanted to share. Maybe not for the purists.
This is a Casio f-91W module fitted into the case of a vintage Timex. Also hydro modded. Works perfectly. Only issue was getting the pushers to work, which was solved by adding spacers between the case and the module. LCD is just slightly misaligned to the window, but besides that I would say it looks pretty good. What do you think?

Watch Watch accessory Wrist Fashion accessory Hand

·
Registered
930 Posts
I saw the title, and for the longest time did not click on it, afraid of what i would see. But. That looks great!

Congrats getting the buttons to work. That was some fine engineering.

The F-91W is a fine watch, and this makes it better, imho. It is a steel case, right?

·
Registered
36,322 Posts
Looks pretty good.

Just received this vintage stainless steel with screwback case Marlin H101 on original bracelet.

·
Registered
930 Posts

... vintage stainless steel with screwback case Marlin H101 on original bracelet.
Man, sometimes Casio just gets it right! Look at the way the adjust button is recessed - that's how you do it! and the other buttons are angled just so, and blend in to the case, just beautiful. And putting the order of the functions on the face is just genius. I think where they get it wrong, is when they second guess themselves. Thus, the 2nd gen is always less good, as if they made changes for the sake of change, where any change is a step away from the original inspired design.

If Casio would bring this design back, just changing the incandescent bulb for EL or even a high efficiency LED/light pipe, there'd be a lot of us who couldn't click that BUY button fast enough.

Congrats on one great find!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Marlin does look great. Casio should definitely think about reviving some of the older steel models imo.
Not sure if this Timex is steel, it feels way too light. Looks the part though.
Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts