WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I was walking through SEARS and noticed a 30% sale on Casios. I saw this AQW-101 casio fishing watch (not a G-shock though) on sale with nice blue canvas strap. I liked the look of the watch and the selection of features, so I couldn't resist this 30% discounted price.
:-!

Features:
- 200M Water resist
- glass crystal, recessed - about half as much as a G-9000
- Stopwatch - up to 100hrs
- Countdown timer - 100hrs max countdown, with auto repeat option
- 1 alrm, signal alrm, mute button beep feature
- World Time, 50 cities, 30 time zones
- Thermometer (Celsius or Fahrenheit choice), records last 50 hourly, half hourly readings and displays on a graph to see temperature trend.
- Fish level (indicates best times to fish)
- Moon phase, can show Moon Age for the current time (# from 0 to 29,5 indicating the moon phase. 0 is new moon, 13-16.6 is full moon). Useful to monitor other things that go by the phase of the moon.

TIP when setting time, world time. Set UTC BEFORE doing any other time setting such as DST or the time itself. This will ensure that world time is set properly relative to local time. Especially when you activate DST on one of the world time zones.

Watch is very light, and has a nice dark blue double layer canvas strap (also available in black resin strap). The bezel with Compass N,S, etc is just for show - it doesn't rotate. The buckle is shaped from a round metal pipe - if it were flat metal type, there would be a metal edge that would wear away the canvas strap. Strap tip and holes are sealed to prevent fraying.

Analog hands can only adjust forwards as with all casio push button analogs as far as I know. This can be a pain when you want to set the time one hour back. But at least it has a fast speed, with hands free operation (set it to fast forward without having to hold a button down all the time).

Downside: I know absolutely nothing about fishing!
;-)

I've attached a couple of pics of my latest CASIO acquisition.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Downside: I know absolutely nothing about fishing!
;-)
:-d

I need neither a barometer or an altimeter on my wrist ;-)

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi,

Thanks for the positive feedback; I'm wearing the watch as I type this sentence.

I should add one more feature, the ability to scroll forward when in the moon phase mode to see what date the full moon arrives. Cool!

·
Registered
38 Posts
cool watch! i had a similar model a bit back...
Only advice i can give ya is that strap material is a sponge for sweat (and consequently odor) so ya gotta watch out for that...

there is probably some generally excepted rule to that type of material that everyone except myself is privy to, but just tellin ya! from my own experience

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
The fish icons activate at certain times of the day when fish tend to feed.
Similar to the moon feature where you can scroll by days to see when full moon comes - in the fish mode you can scroll forward by hours and see at what time there is the greatest chance of catching a fish when you go fishing.
The more fish icons light activate , the greater the chances.

That's about it. :)

·
Registered
910 Posts
Casio makes a watch for fishing? |> Too bad my automatics won't give me that kind of information. Great watch!! :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts