Bezel material: stainless-steel
Bezel Function: stationary
Calendar: day-and-date
Movement: Quartz
Water resistant depth: 330 Feet
Warranty Type: Manufacturer
Price: $25.00 ($33.00 on Amazon)
Store: K-Mart

Design: The face is open enough to be able to read behind the hands, only rarely do
the cover any data. It's busy but not cluttered. At a quick look it appears much more
expensive as it is. The case is polished so I don't know how well it will hold up.
Also, just a pet-peve but the glass is above the bezel so it's the first thing that
will get hit, and it's only mineral, but at this price point I don't expect sapphire.

Comfort: The "wings" on the band under the lugs make it a different feel on the wrist.
Instead of the band gripping the wrist on the sides around the "wings" make the
top of the strap straight so it actually grips the top and bottom of the wrist first which
makes it pretty comfortable. It's also a very light wearable weight for many outdoor
activities.

Function: Strong readability. A lot of data packed into this watch. It's been awhile
since I bought a digital watch so I don't know how the amount of data compares to other
watches out there. But this one has a lot more than I would expect at a watch this cost.
Tide data is nice but I need to set my longitude further west of me so that it's accurate
to my location. World time is great since it is settable to half timezones (which is good
if you find yourself in the outback of australia). I also really like the fact that the
analog can be set completely independent of the time and other timezones. I personally
keep the analog on the same as my local time so I have time shown through the function
menus.

Conclusion: I couldn't be happier with this watch. Not only is it a lot of watch for the
money but it's well designed and looks good.

Size comparison:

·
Affordables Moderator
17,574 Posts
Nice review of a great looking Affordable :-! I think I need to take a trip to our local Kmart, 25 bucks is a steal!

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread. I received this watch as a Christmas present. Machine Age Victim's review is very accurate. I adjusted the temperature so it shows the current and correct within a degree temperature when I'm wearing the watch. All in all a nice model from Casio with some very useful features.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've recently got mine Casio AQF100WD-9BV, no need to review as you can read it in details in first great post.
I'll just post a few pictures and give a short comment - the watch is great for it's price. It feels and seams cheap (as it is) on the first look, but wearing it on the hand seams fair enough, and I could not complain about finish, feel or total look.
The size is perfect for smaller wrist, it fits under the shirt for a business look while still keeping all the good gadgety stuff that are we all used to from Casio. :)

The temperature sensor works fine and records history are cool to check (ex. after the cold night - find the lowest point in time ;) ), the only thing I've found so far that is not completely satisfying is that DST in world time mode cannot be set for each town sepparatly (which can result with wrong calculations for Moscow ex. ... where is no longer DST).

Other than that - great watch for its price, seams cheep, looks and wears great - and fills you up with lots of information. And the band - although light - seams nice in quality in overall.
upl_01_main.jpg
upl_02_mix.jpg
upl_03_illumination.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Casio_aqf100w.jpg
I have taken this piece on a sailing, where it belongs :)
High water resist, temperature and especially tide level features come handy on the sea...
Small, cheap and adventurous piece.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts