WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A short while back someone queried if a leather strap was suitable for a G Shock (can’t find the original thread). However, on a recent holiday in Spain, I came across a beautiful ‘Steel’ G Shock fitted with a sumptuous tan leather strap. It was also available with a brown & black strap too. I had the audacity to go in and try it on, even though I’m pretty sure there’d be no sale for the poor guy. The strap is genuinely beautiful, being supple, thick, and very comfortable to wear. The other thing I absolutely loved about the watch is that it is fitted with a 'super LED' to illuminate the face, but, it lights up a potent green, the most coolest thing!

Also, as one who suffers from a small wrist, it fitted well with no giant overhang. I’m guessing as the strap is a factory fit, it has been suitably treated to make it durable enough to match the ‘G Shock’ brand. Not on the UK Casio web site, but you can find it easily on your favourite auction site!

GST-W120L-1BER

leather strip.jpg

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Came across these 2 x closeups of the strap - looks like quite a construction compared to a 'standard' flat leather strap...

strap 1.jpg

strap 2.jpg

·
Registered
12,579 Posts
Pleather, synthetic leather, durable for a time but will suffer surface wear, cracking and peeling in time.

Sent from Capt. Kirk's Communicator

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
12,579 Posts
G shock UK says it's synthetic material to withstand abrasion and color transfer, and urethane insert.

Sent from Capt. Kirk's Communicator

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
StephanWAtch:
Loving the look of the Casio on something beside resin.
Had you heard Casio has just sold their 100th million G
Shock? That's a heckkuva lot of watches since 1984!!!
I own 8 Casios. All but 2 are G's.
SIL Mark owns 11 G's.
Was just gifted a DW9052 on a nylon strap.Great beater.

X Traindriver Art

1 - 8 of 8 Posts