12,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is interested in this new model?

Reactions: ccm123

·
Registered
12,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am digging the left and middle ones. I do not have a negative display Casio G-Shock, so I am leaning towards the middle one. Plus, it looks stealthy.

·
Registered
12,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks as though there's not that much interest in this particular model. I feel that the analogue hour and seconds hand look really cool. I have never owned a Watch with a negative display, hence my interest in the Black or the Red version.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I can't wait to see how the light works with this watch. The big front button for the light makes it perfect for working in the dark, I just hope it does a good job lighting the face of the watch. I'm excited to get the version with the positive display.

·
Registered
12,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am sure that it must have been covered here before, but what's the difference and benefits of either the positive or the negative display?

·
Registered
12,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
165 Posts
For me it is just easier to see the positive display in general. There are a few negative displays that are easy to see, but mostly they are difficult in my experience. So I tend to favor positive displays.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
My fellow Americans ;-), the GA-700's available now in Macy's for $99. That's not all, some Macy's are having a 25% off pre-sale going on, amazing price for a brand new released watch!

For me, target has been acquired! ;-) But not yet fully captured, due to the stupid nature of pre-sale where you have to pick it up in a later day. But here's a little bit of intel about the LED light.

The watch has a single LED light just off center to the left of the 6 o'clock marker. It's white in color, and illuminates the watch face only. There is no backlight for the digital LCD.

·
Registered
12,579 Posts
give eBay a week or 2 and you'll probably get it for $60. STILL not doing it for me, especially with the back light info.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
give eBay a week or 2 and you'll probably get it for $60. STILL not doing it for me, especially with the back light info.
Well, it's a matter of personal taste I guess. Like I can't take the look of GA-110, no matter how cheap it is. ;-) The GA-100 looks acceptable to me, but I don't like how the LCD's split left and right.

For others, keep in mind that the GA-700's a "lower end" ana-digi G-Shock that's trying to copy some of the looks of Rangeman and Mudmaster. For those already have the Rangeman and/or the Mudmaster, this one's ho-hum of course. ;-) The quality of material is up to par for a G in this price range. And like most other GA series G's it's geared more toward style than function, such as it has only a 60min timer! Will provide more photos and review when I actually get my hands on the watch.

Reactions: STavros78

·
Registered
8,129 Posts
Well, it's a matter of personal taste I guess. Like I can't take the look of GA-110, no matter how cheap it is. ;-) The GA-100 looks acceptable to me, but I don't like how the LCD's split left and right.

For others, keep in mind that the GA-700's a "lower end" ana-digi G-Shock that's trying to copy some of the looks of Rangeman and Mudmaster. For those already have the Rangeman and/or the Mudmaster, this one's ho-hum of course. ;-) The quality of material is up to par for a G in this price range. And like most other GA series G's it's geared more toward style than function, such as it has only a 60min timer! Will provide more photos and review when I actually get my hands on the watch.
My GA-100 has a 24 hour countdown timer. I wish all of the ana-digis had this.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
My GA-100 has a 24 hour countdown timer. I wish all of the ana-digis had this.
I know, it's kind of going reverse in technology. ;-)

·
Registered
12,579 Posts
That's why I said "for me", I didn't say don't buy it.
It's all personal taste, as I love 110's, I have 10-11 of them :) and as I said earlier, I could change my mind. At first I hated the G-5500, now wish I had one. The GA-150 I thought was not great but I had only seen it in black, then I saw it in white with blue face and bought it immediately. This is why we love G's ...variety~

1 - 20 of 49 Posts