WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Cool! Thanx a lot for the info, I'll keep that in mind when the original strap gets worse.

However, these models are so hard to find that I barely wear mine. :p
These watches are super rugged and can take a lot of abuse. You can still get the bezel part for a couple of them from CASIO, which is the only part that really takes on wear aside from the strap. They're uncommon to find, but they do appear for sale now and then. Don't be afraid to wear yours! :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
@xevious
thanks for putting together such a useful resourse on this model.

How does the GL-110 compare to the G-2000 size wise? Or do you have measurements for the height and width of the GL-110?

Also, was there ever a Haaken version of the GL-110?

Here is a GL-100BD Haaken version (captured on this forum) that caught my attention:

gl-100bd.jpg

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
^ That's a very cool variation on the GL-100. I'd not heard of Haaken before. To my knowledge there never was one for the GL-110. As for size, it is slightly larger than the G-2000. I don't have measurements, but one easy way to tell is that the case back is larger.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Sorry about the broken images in post #4. I had removed some images from my attachment library to make room and accidentally dropped them. Due to the unique references used by uploaded images on WUS, I can't replace them and fix the post without editing (which is no longer possible--post is locked). In any case, nothing really missed as later photos do a better job. :)

·
Registered
911 Posts
Sorry about the broken images in post #4. I had removed some images from my attachment library to make room and accidentally dropped them. Due to the unique references used by uploaded images on WUS, I can't replace them and fix the post without editing (which is no longer possible--post is locked). In any case, nothing really missed as later photos do a better job. :)
Thanx again for this thread, a great resource for us GL-110 lovers.

I checked it again because I'm about to receive my second GL-110. This one (photos from seller's ad):

gl110s-l1600.jpg

gl110s-l16002.jpg

I have the white one and this one will be my second GL-110. Damn, these things are hard to find. Do you own this variant?

Happy new year!

G.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanx again for this thread, a great resource for us GL-110 lovers.

I checked it again because I'm about to receive my second GL-110.

I have the white one and this one will be my second GL-110. Damn, these things are hard to find. Do you own this variant?

Happy new year!

G.
You're welcome -- glad to know it's of help. :-!

Yep, I have this gray-silver one as well. It's the GL-110V-8, which just happens to be the one that I didn't include in my catalog page image (unfortunately). My initial impression led me to believe it's basically the white version with a lighter dial, but it's definitely silver.

GL-110V-8.jpg

It looks better in person. And if I remember right, I believe it has a reverse illumination (digits light up). Very classy looking G-Shock and super solid. I still marvel at the finished all metal casing... something you rarely see in screw back G-Shocks these days. It was certainly more expensive to make the cases like this, so no wonder why CASIO opted not to do it anymore (except for special limited editions on occasion).

·
Registered
911 Posts
Reviving this thread again as I have my THIRD GL-110 incoming. Too bad it doesn't have the original strap, more confortable than nylon and than nato.

I always get back here when I'm hunting these reare precious things.

It's a great source of information, so I thank you again, Xevious.

Best,

G.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
^ You're welcome, Godizded. Nice pick-up on that GL-110, with black bezel and orange lettering. I really like that motif. I have just one of those, with the original strap intact. I see the previous owner installed an old style DW-5600 strap on it... and while it fits, it's not perfectly flush. It is a shame that the original strap end links weren't included, because you can use them to utilize a 2 piece Nato strap. Since I was able to fit a combi-bracelet on an MRG-1, I'm now curious to see if one might fit a GL-110. Could be a nice match.

·
Registered
911 Posts
^ You're welcome, Godizded. Nice pick-up on that GL-110, with black bezel and orange lettering. I really like that motif. I have just one of those, with the original strap intact. I see the previous owner installed an old style DW-5600 strap on it... and while it fits, it's not perfectly flush. It is a shame that the original strap end links weren't included, because you can use them to utilize a 2 piece Nato strap. Since I was able to fit a combi-bracelet on an MRG-1, I'm now curious to see if one might fit a GL-110. Could be a nice match.
Yeah, I know. I even asked the seller just in case, but the strap ends are gone forever. It's such a shame because the watch seems to be in great shape, so most probably the original owner threw them away 'cause he didn't like 'em, not because they were used and abused.

Combi-bracelets are just not for me, so I guess I'll stick to resin this time. In fact, I have a vintage DW-5600 orange band that might look cool here. Let's see.

I'm so envious of your collection, I can't imagine how did you manage to collect so many GL-110 , as they are so scarce. No wonder each time I manage to find a new one, google sends me to this thread, which is for sure the best GL-110 resource in the whole internet. : ) Congrats!

Take care,

G.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys

I have one of the GL110 (GL-110TC-1), the watch is in excellent condition but the original velcro strap has worn out, do you have any recommendations for a replacement strap.

thanks

·
Registered
911 Posts
Xevious posted an explanation that using a nato strap is possible in the previous page of this thread.

Also, any DW-5600 band fits pretty well, as seen in the picture above.

Original strap is impossible to find. At least, I haven't been able to find one. Yeah, I've seen some poping up in ebay now and then, but they asked like 40$, so no way.

Good luck,

G.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts