WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are reading this listing, you must know about this timepiece. Yes, this is the new GPS Hybrid model which has been released by Casio in Basel this year. You can read about it here if you like.

DESIGN - GPW-1000 - PRODUCTS - G-SHOCK - CASIO

GPS-controlled Tough Movement, Tough Solar, Radio Controlled (Multi Band 6), Smart Access, Dual-Time Display, LED light with afterglow, 20 bar WR, with a carbon fiber insert band, sapphire crystal dial, and a DLC coated bezel, and of course, Timer, Alarm, World Time, etc. That is right; if you are not able to receive the radio signals, you can now receive transmissions of position and time data from GPS satellites. The end result is time-keeping accuracy beyond the limits of conventional timepieces.

This model comes in three versions: Black with red and blue markings, Black with gold inner circle and an orange band… and this particular one, black with gray markings (the best –looking one IMHO, of course). It is a rather big piece (66 x 56 x 18.8 mm). Please take a look at its pictures next to my old Breitling Seawolf (which as a 44mm case diameter) to have an idea about its size.

It comes with its inner and outer boxes (which are much nicer than the typical G-Shock boxes), all the tags, and a Japanese manual (of course, you can download the English version from the Internet). I have just received it from Japan, it is brand new, still wrapped in plastic (taken out just for pictures).

Yours for $915 shipped in the US. USPS Money Order or regular PP (+3.6% please). Sorry, no trades on this.

Thank you for your time…

Attachments

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imagine that you are traveling, you get off the plane and are looking for a cab. You are in a hurry and you do not have time to change the "home city" on your G-Shock. So instead, you push the GPS button for 3 seconds, your watch locks into a satellite signal and receives a position and time data... and time is set.

So you get to where you need to go on time and be "the life of the party." How cool is that? :-d

Oh did I mention that the watch is still available? Well, yes, it is
:p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts