WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I purchased the watch last November from OZDigitalWatch. The watch I initially received had a battery issue, so I contacted OZDigitalWatch and swapped with a new one. The post was here:

The new watch has been working perfectly until last week (I have put it in a drawer for a few weeks), I had a deep sea fishing tour then I realized the hour hand of the analog was not moving anymore (The digital works properly). Tried to configure time manually but only the minute hand moves the hour hand never moves. I also performed Hand home position adjustment, same case that hour hand never moves.
Watch Analog watch Clock Gesture Watch accessory

The battery power shows "H", so suppose it's not the battery power level issue.
Watch Hand Analog watch Clock Everyday carry

Not sure if anyone hit the same issue, any ideas suggestions are welcomed!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Woah, woah, is that guy intentionally magnetizing his watch? That's crazy!
My Gulfmaster never had this problem but I've seen several F17 members reporting it (my GM was made in 2018. Most Gulfmasters with the stuck hand issue seem to have been produced in 2016) It looks like using a magnet can solve this problem without causing any new ones.

Before applying this technique you can ask the author if he has had any negative effects on his watch after using a magnet on it.

I would check for:

* misaligned hands (analog time not matching digital time)

* digital display problems

If it works, this method is, indeed, much simpler than trying to fix the problem by sending the watch to CASIO to have it repaired.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
My Gulfmaster never had this problem but I've seen several F17 members reporting it (my GM was made in 2018. Most Gulfmasters with the stuck hand issue seem to have been produced in 2016) It looks like using a magnet can solve this problem without causing any new ones.

Before applying this technique you can ask the author if he has had any negative effects on his watch after using a magnet on it.

I would check for:

* misaligned hands (analog time not matching digital time)

* digital display problems

If it works, this method is, indeed, much simpler than trying to fix the problem by sending the watch to CASIO to have it repaired.
The OP has the GWN-1000, what the forum calls the Version 1 Gulfmaster. Notice the LCD is at 6 o'clock for his watch. This one did not exhibit the same hand problem for the watch you mentioned, which is the GWN-Q1000, what's called the Version 2 Gulfmaster or the quad sensors Gulfmaster. Notice for that one the LCD is at 12 o'clock.

What he can safely try are 2 things:
1) Perform the hand home procedure as mentioned in the manual. See illustration below and full PDF manual.
Font Document Circle Number

2) Perform the manual hand adjustment following member ZJAZZ's instructions (see thread below and his video).

If neither of these 2 methods worked, then we can say the watch is malfunctioning and requires further repairs. I would recommend also to charge the watch more, to eliminate it's not just a battery issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts