WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

5261 - 5280 of 5291 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
I was planning to post here. I just got back from an "adventure" trip. I was out kayaking, yes, I was alone, and I was violating the, "never do more than one stupid thing at a time," rule.

Anyways, I had a great river and G-Shock picture on my phone. Then about twenty minutes later it all went sideways, and real fast. The kayak was abandoned, after all, the unsinkable kayak isn't coming back up to the surface with anything I had available (it is wedged between an underwater tree and an underwater rock, in fast water). The phone (yes, in a waterproof case) was lost when a bunch of the hardpoints, on the kayak, ceased to be on the kayak. They were just plain ripped off the hull, leaving lots of holes, big holes. Or one can say, holes suddenly appeared, leaving anything on those places instantly gone.

Then came the hike out. . . what can I say, I lived. The first place I went was to the Sheriff's Office to tell them that if someone calls it in, don't bother sending Search and Rescue, because I was standing right there. When your immediate thought is, "if anyone from S&R comes out here, they are going to get hurt," it is a big sign that one has messed up, big-time.

The point. . . while I don't have a picture, my G-Shock is just fine and I can assure you that it was very close to nature.

·
Premium Member
8,207 Posts
I was planning to post here. I just got back from an "adventure" trip. I was out kayaking, yes, I was alone, and I was violating the, "never do more than one stupid thing at a time," rule.

Anyways, I had a great river and G-Shock picture on my phone. Then about twenty minutes later it all went sideways, and real fast. The kayak was abandoned, after all, the unsinkable kayak isn't coming back up to the surface with anything I had available (it is wedged between an underwater tree and an underwater rock, in fast water). The phone (yes, in a waterproof case) was lost when a bunch of the hardpoints, on the kayak, ceased to be on the kayak. They were just plain ripped off the hull, leaving lots of holes, big holes. Or one can say, holes suddenly appeared, leaving anything on those places instantly gone.

Then came the hike out. . . what can I say, I lived. The first place I went was to the Sheriff's Office to tell them that if someone calls it in, don't bother sending Search and Rescue, because I was standing right there. When your immediate thought is, "if anyone from S&R comes out here, they are going to get hurt," it is a big sign that one has messed up, big-time.

The point. . . while I don't have a picture, my G-Shock is just fine and I can assure you that it was very close to nature.
What???? No picture???? Why didn't you send it FROM the kayak??? :unsure:

Totally kidding, of course! That sounds like a terrible ordeal, very glad to hear that you are okay. And yeah, they do say don't go kayaking alone, though I'm sure many people do it.

Will you continue to go kayaking? (at all?)

·
Premium Member
8,207 Posts
Not a whooooooole lotta nature here, but I was outdoors with a King. Errrr, THE King. 😅 You know what I mean.

First we have a 60-yd rifle target. Tried out my new 5.56 rifle. Thing was, the targets looked so small from that distance with an iron peep sight, I needed my prescription glasses! The first 6 shots - the ones that were low, I think - were before I put my glasses on. Things got better after that. ;)

Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 3.29.30 PM.png

Then I popped on over to the pistol range and set up a couple targets at 15 yards.

The one on the left was with a Glock 19x. On the right, Sig Sauer P226. Both 9mm.

I didn't shoot for very long today cause I got out there later than I wanted to, and it got too hot for me. Earlier in the morning is better. :D But still, any day at the range is a good day!!

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
@mougino That looka super cool with the green jelly.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,283 Posts

I have a new bike on the way so I should gain the ability to contribute more to this awesome thread you guys have going soon enough.

5261 - 5280 of 5291 Posts