WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day to all,

I am Iavn and am new to the forum but not new to Casio and the G-Shock series of watches. However, the last time I had a Casio G-Shock was more then 20 years ago. With the 25th Anniversary I have decided to revisit Casio and the G-Shock series. It is indeed a pleasant surprise to find the forum dedicated to the series and has certainly helped me a lot in choosing the model to buy.

However, after looking at the watches in the shops and on-line, I have learnt that Casio no longer makes the watches in Japan (save some models) but in a host of other countries. Thus my question, where are the watches made/ assembled? So far I can list down the following countries:

Japan (watch and parts)
China (watch)
Malaysia (watch)
Thailand (watch and parts)
Korea (watch)
Indonesia (parts)

Watch refers: made in or assembled in
Parts refers: parts of the watch are made in e.g. buckle

Thank you all.

Regards

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Welcome!

Different models are made/assembled in different countries, as you have found. All
models are not made in one place, so it will state on the back of the watch where it was assembled/made.

In case you're worried, there really is no difference 99% of the time. The machines that assemble them in Thailand are the same machines that assemble the watches in Japan. The only difference with where it's made, is some models are for particular markets only (for example, a Japan only watch, not intended for export). In such a case, you will find different colors than the exported versions.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Topher,

Not too worried about where the watches are made or assembled. They are great watches. It just I was interested to know where else other then those that I found. At the moment I have just picked up the following, and will post the pictures soon:

1. dw-5600e-1vdf (as per the tag) dw-5600e-1vs (as per warranty card)
2. gw-5625aj-1jf (dawn black)
3. dw-5025d-8jf (ocean grey)
4. dw-5600cl-1

On order:

1. g-5600-1jf
2. gw-m5600-1
3. gw-m5600bc-1

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Hi Topher,

Not too worried about where the watches are made or assembled. They are great watches. It just I was interested to know where else other then those that I found. At the moment I have just picked up the following, and will post the pictures soon:

1. dw-5600e-1vdf (as per the tag) dw-5600e-1vs (as per warranty card)
2. gw-5625aj-1jf (dawn black)
3. dw-5025d-8jf (ocean grey)
4. dw-5600cl-1

On order:

1. g-5600-1jf
2. gw-m5600-1
3. gw-m5600bc-1

I guess you really really like the 5600 model. My new one was 'Made in Thailand' and 'Assembled in LI, NY' ;-)

·
Registered
754 Posts
Most are assembled(MADE) in Thailand with parts sourced from different countries. Same goes for most electronic products. Assembled in one country from parts sourced from various countries.

You can trust Japanese firms to have strict QC even when they no longer base their factories in Japan.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Hey TheHobbit,

Welcome to the forum. There are people here who know lots about G's, people that have lots of G's, people that want lots of G's, and people that say "G's not another thread to read!"

Hope you have as much fun as the rest of us. b-):-!:-d

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sspartan,

great piece.

sml,

no worries, its all the same to me. Just curious to know where else casio assemble their watches.

vintage, whtshadow,

Thanks for the welcome.

Will post my collection soon. Waiting to collect another piece today. Rest will flow in next month or august. sigh.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts