WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I would love some help on finding a new weekend/casual watch. I am a hunter and outdoors man so the the features I am primarily interested in are thermometer and moon phase. I had a Casio Hunting Timer watch (PAS410B-5) which I loved, and would buy again in a second if I could find one new. . . but since I can't I was debating between a Casio G-Shock Mudman G9300 or Casio Pathfinder PRW2500. If anyone has any advice, feedback or suggestions based on these two I would appreciate it. Thanks
G9300.jpg PRW2500.jpg

Registered
You can't go wrong with both. Matter of taste. I prefer a little more rugged, a watch that can take anything you throw at it. Therefore only, my pick would be the Mudman. 馃槉

Registered
The discontinued PRW2500 would be the easy, no-contest choice for me. More functions, far better display with the inexplicably discontinued and still unrivaled duplex display which alone makes all the difference in PRW2500's superiority over the Mudman. Get it while you still can.

Registered
If you are concerned about functionality, the PRW2500 is the better choice, plus the moon phase is much easier to see compared to the Mudman. The moon phase of the Mudman is in the little circled window which makes it a little more difficult to see.

I have both watches and they both have their pros and cons.

The PRW2500 is a full ABC watch, so you also get a barometer with it (plus a storm alert). The Mudman does not have a barometer. However the Mudman is tough as nails.

My main gripe about the PRW2500 is the fragile bezel. Made of aluminum, it damages very easily. If you are not too concerned about that, then the PRW2500 is hard to beat.

Registered
Another Texan (Ft Worth) I'd go with the PAW.
PAWs are no fluff watch. Maybe not a G, but still tuff enuff
I have a PRG270 that's had he Right Stuff.

Jus my 2 cents worth

X traindriver Art

Registered
Another Texan (Ft Worth) I'd go with the PAW.
PAWs are no fluff watch. Maybe not a G, but still tuff enuff
I have a PRG270 that's had he Right Stuff.

Jus my 2 cents worth

X traindriver Art

Registered
Pathfinder - that Duplex Display is just amazing and beautiful to me! Wish it was still being used by Casio - here and there at least. My dad has one, might need to pick one up sometime as I like it so much. Duplex Display is such cool terminology for it too.

The Mudman is awesome too. Both are really nice, so good picks to choice from.

Registered
ck40711:
After musing on the question of whether the PRW ABC watch or the Mudman?
I now believe Ghobbit has the best idea. The Mudman. Given your outdoor life
style. They (Casio) didn't name it the Mudman for nothing. (What terrible diction)!

X traindriver Art

1 - 9 of 9 Posts