WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
I like it - it has a nice sinister quality.

I assume the watch body is coated metal, which might put me off. Although this treatment is said to be pretty resistant to wear, I'd be forever checking it. Ideally I like to be able to treat my watches carelessly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I picked the all black Geiz up in October when it was released. Got it from Seiya. Very nice watch. You will need the manual.:-D Easy to use once you read the manual and adjust the watch. The only problem I have had is getting it to sync to the atomic radio signal. It's solar, so that's a plus for me. I like the all black look. No light, but decent lume when exposed to light during the day.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I picked the all black Geiz up in October when it was released. Got it from Seiya. Very nice watch. You will need the manual.:-D Easy to use once you read the manual and adjust the watch. The only problem I have had is getting it to sync to the atomic radio signal. It's solar, so that's a plus for me. I like the all black look. No light, but decent lume when exposed to light during the day.
the no-EL issue is huge for this watch (or no LED, whichever you prefer). I would love to have been in the room during the design phase when they were deciding which features to drop.

Engineer A: "I don't think we need the EL on this watch"
Engineer B: "What makes you say this?"
Engineer A: "The lume on the hands will suffice"
Engineer B: "Are you sure? The idea of a G-Shock without an EL makes me feel funny."
Engineer B: "Trust me. The sales figures will tell the tale."

I wonder how these are selling. Casio sure is marketing them like mad. I really like the look of all three dials, LOVE the SS case. Though I'm not a huge fan of LEDs, this would have been the right choice for this watch. Everything I've read suggests the lume is not enough.

Do newer owners find the lume lasting until the morning? I have a G304RL and have been quite surprised to find the hands relatively easy to read in the morning darkness.

cheers

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
and another thought for Seiko aficionados: just imagine if Seiko or Citizen released a chronograph with this look and this build quality for under $300. Would you snap it up?

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
and another thought for Seiko aficionados: just imagine if Seiko or Citizen released a chronograph with this look and this build quality for under $300. Would you snap it up?
I know what you mean, but no, I wouldn't. Brands have distinct personalities (successful brands, anyway) and the look wouldn't work as a Seiko or a Citizen.

·
G-Shock Mod
14,201 Posts
any pic

i like the look of the watch despite its only "decent" lume :-D

once you go seiko monster, anything less will be not enough ... lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts