WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rumour is that because of the weakened US Dollar to Japan Yen (our currency Indonesian Rupiah is almost locked to US Dollar in this couple of years) forced this price increase but 15% is a lot.

Guess my road to become a G-Freak will at least slowed by this issue.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
The rumour is that because of the weakened US Dollar to Japan Yen (our currency Indonesian Rupiah is almost locked to US Dollar in this couple of years) forced this price increase but 15% is a lot.

dun rush. take ur time. dont have to spend all ur money at once on Gs. slowing down is the key to a happy lifestyle :-!

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
E-bay to the rescue... who cares what the prices are in certain country when we get get our fix pretty cheap off bay no? :think:

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Yes, ebay can be a great place to find G's :-!. Of course...not so great for the wallet ;-).

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
The prices here are ridiculous already and our dollar is worth almost as much as a USD. :-s

The internet has opened up the whole watch market that local prices are irrelvant now. :think: :-!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
ebay rocks! These days, I try to look around for prices of not just watches on ebay. If I can make a substantial saving over the best price I can find in my own country, I try to buy via ebay.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe I should have not complained since the price of G-Shock in my country is already cheap compare to most country.

Good thing I already bought 21 G-Shock last month (2 for my friend, 3 for my niece and nephew and 3 for my wife).

Ebay and Amazon is a good alternative especially with good deal information from WUS.

·
Registered
152 Posts

the price for most production line is rising Wiyono...has to do with the speculation of fuel increase...it causes a chain reaction...any production line that involves raw material, transportation, massive factories, electrical will rise!!:-d and generally everything else..happening in Msia too...

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Well, inflation is freaking high in Malaysia.

According to my dealer friend, prices of watches have increased by at least 10% for Swiss watches, Casio also have increased the prices for Basic models such as 5600E, 6900 & 7510!

The main reason? Shortage of materials, especially stainless steel, titanium... This is partly due to China using massive amount of these materials for the Beijing Olympic 2008.

From my materials point-of-view, alloying elements such as Chromium & Nickel are getting very expensive (these are used in Stainless steel).

Cheers,
MountainMike

·
Registered
646 Posts
I wouldn't buy a G locally in Australia, prices are ridiculously high I can buy the same product new from a seller virtually any where else in the world and get it cheaper and at the same time buy a watch that has not been released to the local market. :think::think::think:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wouldn't buy a G locally in Australia, prices are ridiculously high I can buy the same product new from a seller virtually any where else in the world and get it cheaper and at the same time buy a watch that has not been released to the local market. :think::think::think:
Everything is crazily priced in Australia right now compared to US especially.
My brother and sister are in Sydney right now and my best vacation suggestion for them is going back home for a big shopping time.
Cars, electronic and anything that's fast moving supposed to drop in price as soon as the currency is getting much stronger but price is moving down very slow there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts