WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Sorry this is not about G-Shocks although I own one, the G-740D-9AV. Anyway, I am tempted to buy an Edifice from ebay and from what I can see, the watch is original. The sticker (pic) seems original although I can't see the laser marking. What is your opinion?

Attachments

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Impossible to say from just this one pic. There are a lot of fake Edifice on ebay - if the price is too good then it's a high chance it's fake. But I think we'll need more pics.

cheers, Sedi :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Impossible to say from just this one pic. There are a lot of fake Edifice on ebay - if the price is too good then it's a high chance it's fake. But I think we'll need more pics.
Not sure if it is proper to post the ebay link here but the seller is sellgzz.

Any ideas if it is an imitation?

Attachments

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
That's really tough to say. There are some really good Edifice fakes out there - only to be spotted with a magnifying glass. The sticker should be slightly transparent I think but you can't really tell from the pic. The bracelet also looks a bit "off" but that might just be the picture. So far I also never saw a folded manual - I only got booklets so far.

OK - found an offer for an Edifice on the forum - and the manual is indeed folded but the sticker looks slightly different:
https://www.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-casio-edifice-ef-503-1a-463761.html

I'm not really sure. If the price is too good to be true I'd be careful but at the same time I don't wanna ruin a seller's reputation if I'm not 100% sure. I hope somebody else might chime in here and give you a second opinion. The seller also doesn't have enough feedback yet to form an opinion.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sedi, thanks for the link. Am reading it right now. Thanks goodness for google translator! But I do think that this item in question is an imitation. Funny thing as it is as close to original as any fake can and there isn't a lot of money in it about US$80.

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Any ideas if it is an imitation?
If it is - it's a darn good one! Not many fakes go to the trouble of faking the box, swing tickets, instruction manual, holographic stickers, bar codes etc etc. Especially for such a relatively low return on investment. Worth it on a £3000 Rolex, but at less than £100? Who could be bothered going to all that trouble!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don't freak me out guys, I ordered an Edifice yesterday as a gift for my dad...
It costed 39.99 pounds. Is it TOO cheap? Should I be worried???
Cheapest genuine Casios I can find online is from http://www.skywatches.com.sg I bought from them recently. You can try to find your Edifice and compare the price. If your price is about 50% cheaper, then probably it is a fake.

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Am I alone here or does anyone else find Dreamerman's avator slighlty disturbing?? :think:

Reactions: n_wildgirl

·
Registered
359 Posts
Let's hope not. From ebay ex-China/HK?
Cheapest genuine Casios I can find online is from http://www.skywatches.com.sg I bought from them recently. You can try to find your Edifice and compare the price. If your price is about 50% cheaper, then probably it is a fake.
It is from Hong Kong indeed. The seller is called super_bb_shop and I've read many customer ratings before buying, they all say he sells originals.
The model of the watch is MDV-302D http://76.my/Malaysia/[email protected].jpg and it is not on skywatches unfortunately, though I don't entirely trust skywatches since I have bought a G for 110$ from ebay and it is 169$ on skywatches.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I've noticed from my own buying experience that any Edifice that is not a solar or solar/atomic and shipped out of China is replicated. Not saying that all models that aren't solar are replicas, but the likelihood that they are are much higher.

Out of 3 edifices I've bought from China, 2 were replicas. The only one that wasn't was a solar powered one. The 2 replicas had prices too low from retail but I took a gamble since both listings said "GENUINE CASIO OR YOUR MONEY BACK." They both had no rebuttal when I stated the specific reasons I found as to why they were fake and demanded my money back.

I'm guessing it's too much trouble for the replica makers to make the solar models or they don't have the resources to do so.

Just a heads up.

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
I'm guessing it's too much trouble for the replica makers to make the solar models or they don't have the resources to do so.
That's probably right. As far as I know most analogue Edifice Chronos that are not solar are powered by some standard Miyota movement (OS10 or similar). So the fakes even have the same movement inside. Don't know enough about this one here to say what kind of movement is inside.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts