WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Casio MD-750 Japan Only Model Anyone have information on this model?

I'm not able to find the size/movement/date of Mfg. Can't find anything on this one. :-s

Any information would be greatly appreciated !!!

Thanks guys !!

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Has anyone seen this one before?

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One more shot at it :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
In 10 years no one has surfaced anything about this watch, and this is the only thread/post on any watch related forum I can find. Recently one of these appeared for sale on the bay, and I snatched it up for cheap. It's in good physical shape, although the crown stem is broken. I'm going to attempt a repair and put it to use.

Definitely a rare one, gorgeous speckled dial and really fun teardrop indices. Oddly, it appears to have a 19mm lug width, the first Casio I've come across with that size. It has a 37mm case width, and a 44mm lug to lug. I measure 10.4mm thick. Will post pictures and a status update.

·
Registered
103 Posts
So not sure when this watch came out, but according to my Casio Modules reference matrix, the 708 module came out in May of 1993. It takes an SR920SW and has a 3 year battery life.

I see it in a handful of watches including this MD-750, the MD-753, MD-519, MD-300, MTW-311, an early Oceanus - the OC-700, and many different variants of the MTP-3036. I gather it's been in plenty more 3 hand plus date analog watches, including some early Lineage watches, and the inexpensive MW-59 / MW-60. These watches would have all been released between that 1993 date and around 2003.

That last watch, the MW-59, appears to have been updated in around 2010 to use the Casio 2784 module. I thought they may be interchangeable, but looking up a video online it appears they are not. That module is much smaller, and in fact is housed in some spacer in the updated MW-59 to make it compatible with the 708 before it. The regular plastic spacer around it appears to be unchanged. It probably has the same hand and stem heights, it's just a smaller more currently available module for Casio.

I had hoped my MD-750 only had a loose crown stem but that doesn't seem like it. In the second position the minute and hour hand don't move, but with the crown in the seconds tick fine. The date position works well. The second hand stops after enough time, I'm putting in a new battery hoping that it's just weak. It clearly has something else wrong with it. I'm going to try and snatch up a cheap alternative with the 708 and try to swap everything over. I think I have one 19mm bracelet somewhere, this is actually has a really beautiful dial when in motion. Can't wait to get it going.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Post this on the gshock forum since it will be Casio related and lots of folks may chime in.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts