WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's not a G Shock but..,

I got this from Seiya Japan (Great seller, fast delivery to the UK. Great communications)

I fell for this watch when I first saw it and had to have it.
And I have no regrets at all as it is a stunning beautiful thing.
Solar and atomic so it is a simple pick up and go watch.
Subtle and simple world time feature via the smart access crown.

This is a very well made watch and is very light and quite thin too.

It has a blue ring around the outer circumference under the sapphire crystal that gives a great blue hue when viewed from various angles.
As do the subtle blue borders around the hour markers.

The tough movement is aligned perfectly so the second hands aligns perfectly with all the indices.

The polished bezel and polished tops on each 'solid' bracelet links adds a quality usually reserved for higher end Swiss brands.

The iPhone pictures attached do not do this watch justice.

Finally, the lume is awesome and lasts the entire night long.

Brilliant watch, I know it's not a G Shock but I thought I should share amongst you Casio fans.

Best wishes to all.

·
Premium Member
14,827 Posts
Very nice with an understated elegance. This one has the sapphire crystal, yes?

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Thanks for sharing, Oceanus defenetly doesn't get the attention it deserves. Casio is full on with quartz and digital, but if they started making mechanical automatics or handwinding watches, that would be something... it could easily compete with Seiko/Citizen.

Love the diffrent shapes and surfaces on case, really nice |>

·
Registered
956 Posts
I like this model. Clean dial, no features besides time. The timezone ring is very subtle. Watch case is classical yet modern.

Not a big fan of the blue, but I guess that's just an Oceanus trademark.

I would like to own a minimalistic fancy watch with solar/atomic one day and this is a strong contender. There isn't much choice in that area.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes it has a saphire crystal, no it does not have any plastic pieces in the links. It is a silent bracelet due in part to the solid links and the high quality titanium used I guess.
The bracelet and case is titanium so it is very light and silent.

Forgot to say in original post, it's last sync prior to its arrival in the UK was in Japan.
It had neither gained or lost any time during its travel across the world and its next sync in the UK 5 days later.

I very much doubt many people in the UK have an Oceanus so this is a fairly unique watch to own in my part of the world.

Extremely happy with it.
I also cannot recommend Seiya Kobayashi highly enough. A great guy to deal with. I will definately buy from him again for my next JDM piece.

Reactions: frhoads

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yes it has a saphire crystal, no it does not have any plastic pieces in the links. It is a silent bracelet due in part to the solid links and the high quality titanium used I guess.
The bracelet and case is titanium so it is very light and silent.
See the area in the red circles. To me, it looked like there's a plastic film covering a hole. But it is, I guess, a place where another piece of titanium or steel is inserted and has a different grain.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Brilliant watch, I know it's not a G Shock but I thought I should share amongst you Casio fans.
I own the exact same watch and agree with the OP's mini review and that it is a brilliant watch. I purchased mine on a whim about a year ago and was not sure how it would look based on the photos posted online, but was pleasantly surprised with both the quality and finish. It does look better in real life than in pictures and it is a pleasure to wear. With the materials, workmanship, and functions, I find excellent value in this watch.

I would like to own a minimalistic fancy watch with solar/atomic one day and this is a strong contender. There isn't much choice in that area.
I also wish there were more minimalistic solar + atomic watches, and there are some but they seem to be more mid- to high-end like the Oceanus, such as some Citizen Attesas, Citizen Exceeds, and Seiko Brightz.

·
Premium Member
8,325 Posts
Another awesome watch by Casio I can see myself getting someday. At the prices I'm seeing though I'd have to decide on either the Oceanus or some other "rare" G that I've always wanted. Or even some non-Casio in that price range. Are there any non-Casios with similar features to the Oceanus?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I've had mine for about a year and still love it.
Doesn't get a lot of wrist time but when it does I just admire how elegant it looks. And it is so functional. I get the radio signal overnight regularly so the watch is accurate every day. I often use it to set my other watches.

Watch Fashion accessory Wrist Watch accessory Strap

·
Registered
36,322 Posts

OCW-S100 is 40mm all titanium, TIC Titanium/ TIC = Titanium Carbide Coating, sapphire crystal, solar charged atomic sync, perpetual calendar, 32 time zones (very subtle, almost hidden, around the chapter ring)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts