WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in DW-3000 module 548 . LOVE it , was my grail for some time and it hasn't let me down , just need to find a 22mm strap , I thought a black resin diver type , I'm open to suggestions ?

Came over from Japan with a little friend , my wife has a new watch !!

Size comparison with a DW-5600

Mates for the DW-300 , DW-310 , DW-340 in that order . All where released in the early 80's and are rated 300m .

Did Casio release any other 300m watches ?????????

best regards Scott.

·
Registered
40 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
i actually prefer 3000 better than 5500 or 5600. seriously

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Wow ... you're a legend :) Thanks fellow Aussie!

Does it wear a similar size to the 5600? Smaller or larger? In the photos, it almost looks like it is smaller than a 5600?

Hmm .. might need to buy one :)

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
The DW-3000 is way cool, and the case back just rocks.

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Hi JimL,

That bracelet is actually original to your DW-3000 which was sold with a rubber strap or a bracelet.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
The DW-3000 is way cool, and the case back just rocks.

Thanks for sharing.
i concur, the DW-3000 is gorgeous!!!:p
can you fit a zulu strap on it?:think:
how much do they run???

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
i concur, the DW-3000 is gorgeous!!!:p
can you fit a zulu strap on it?:think:
how much do they run???
I think you could pretty much put a zulu on anything.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I am very seriously thinking about buying a DW-340 from Javy's in Hong Kong.

How does the DW-340 wear in size compared to a 5600 series?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am very seriously thinking about buying a DW-340 from Javy's in Hong Kong.

How does the DW-340 wear in size compared to a 5600 series?
Hi sml
I hadn't worn the 340 as it had no band , so I found an old cheap plastic band in my junk heap and have been wearing it overnight . It has a similar overall size presence on the wrist as the 5600 , but it is wider and the length top to bottom is shorter . This gives it a more compact squat appearance when worn I think :think: . The big buttons exaggerate this width and are easy to find and use . the only drawback with this old watch is the old style bulb on the side lighting , but I say if you like it and can afford it , grab it and wear it with confidence.

best regards Scott

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Hi sml
I hadn't worn the 340 as it had no band , so I found an old cheap plastic band in my junk heap and have been wearing it overnight . It has a similar overall size presence on the wrist as the 5600 , but it is wider and the length top to bottom is shorter . This gives it a more compact squat appearance when worn I think :think: . The big buttons exaggerate this width and are easy to find and use . the only drawback with this old watch is the old style bulb on the side lighting , but I say if you like it and can afford it , grab it and wear it with confidence.

best regards Scott
Thanks Scott :) Appreciate your reply.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts