WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
G-Shock Mod
14,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my Casio Pathfinder atomic solar triple sensor (PAW1200-3V) user impression :)

The watch is HUGE! It looks more like an instrument more so than a watch. (and i am used to big watches!). i have had the 80T with the Ti band before and it was simply too big for me. (lug to lug size too big, the top lug is hanging in the middle of air) this one is still big, but i can still wear it (barely).

Pathfinder vs Froggy

pathfinder vs G9000 Mudman

i think this pathfinder is the jack of all trades. it has atomic solar (not need to worry about time keeping and battery power), world time, stopwatch + countdown timer (60 min only countdown though, 9 hr stopwatch), triple sensor functionality.

the number is big and easy to read. the same goes for the buttons. the 3, compass, barmo and alti function buttons is big and easy to access.

for some reason, i found that the adjust and EL button (which are located on the button face of the watch) is easier to access than the 80 (which are at the same location)

all function works as it should and they works well. no problem there. having solar cell is quite important to me cause i don't have to worry about running the battery when using power hungry function (i.e. compass). i still wished casio can put in 24hr stopwatch and countdown timer. having atomic and world time is a nice bonus.

the outter black bezel is made out of metal (black ion coated) and i don't think the finish is very tough. mine is already scratched. but that's not too big of a deal.

i picked the rubber strap version over the ti band version cause of lighter weight (makes more sense when you want to min. weight for hiking), and you can hang the watch on your bag/tent/loop if you don't want to wear it on your wrist/get an accurate reading of the temperature.

if you like techie watch/time piece/instrument and you can handle HUGE watches, this is the one to have right now.

thanks for reading

1 - 1 of 1 Posts