WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey anybody going to get one of these :think: I just read about it on Rileys site. It looks like amazon is going to be selling it soon for about 99. That sounds like a great price. I like the look of this one. Its not Atomic or Solar but that just gives it more room for info on the face b-)b-) I think this might make it to the top of my list. :) Rileys link.

http://mygshock.com/2009/10/19/casio-pathfinder-pag40-7v-watch-report-review/

·
Registered
20 Posts
Re: Casio Pathfinder PAG40-7V

I almost did today, assuming it's the same one at Costco. $69, not bad for what you get.

Paolo

·
Registered
321 Posts

I've got the green one, paid roughly 150US for it. It is the most widely used Pathfinder in the armed forces(most NATO countries) I've noticed. It is a no nonsense watch with wrist presence! Big and chunky.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I cant post photos on my computer :-( some problems. It is a new model at least the color, black with a white section around the buttons, this color is said to be only sold at amazon. I will check out the one at costco, to see if they are the same model or function set. I wonder if the the coupon is still valid.

·
Registered
20 Posts

You have time. Coupon says 10/15 to 11/01.

Paolo

I cant post photos on my computer :-( some problems. It is a new model at least the color, black with a white section around the buttons, this color is said to be only sold at amazon. I will check out the one at costco, to see if they are the same model or function set. I wonder if the the coupon is still valid.

·
Registered
13 Posts

as mentioned in a previous post i bought a pag80 with solar at costco in canada for 97 dollars. so if your in canada go check it out!

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just checked and Costco has the black with blue for $ 99 less coupon. I am looking for the coupon.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is this a new module, or the same one that was in the old PAG 40?
Good question. I dont know as I have just started looking at them. I know they come in different colors. I thought the one at costco was green and I did not know if I wanted a very large green watch for everyday wear. I like the black and blue. I think the new ones have a black case and add another color that goes from the light button up to the mode buttons on the right.

Please correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Good question. I dont know as I have just started looking at them. I know they come in different colors. I thought the one at costco was green and I did not know if I wanted a very large green watch for everyday wear. I like the black and blue. I think the new ones have a black case and add another color that goes from the light button up to the mode buttons on the right.

Please correct me if im wrong.
OK, you're wrong. :-d Check this Casio page: http://www.casio.com/products/Timepiece/Pathfinder/PAG40_Series/ Both the Costco piece and the one you mention (as well as a third variation) are current. One big difference is that the Costco version has a fabric strap that can be cut off for conversion to NATO straps if you want. Of course, if you like the rubber strap, you would not want the Costco version.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Hey everyone... I have the Costco coupon scanned and saved as a jpeg on my laptop at home. I'll post it here when I get home in a few hours.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
No wonder it's much cheaper...

...that white edging is hideous. :-x
I'm not sure if I'm sold on that asymmetrical mix of colours, either.... it does look very much like a tool watch, but in a kind of "high quality plumbing tool" way, rather than "something I'd wear on my wrist on a daily basis" way. :-d

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK, you're wrong. :-d Check this Casio page: http://www.casio.com/products/Timepiece/Pathfinder/PAG40_Series/ Both the Costco piece and the one you mention (as well as a third variation) are current. One big difference is that the Costco version has a fabric strap that can be cut off for conversion to NATO straps if you want. Of course, if you like the rubber strap, you would not want the Costco version.

I was looking at it with somebody waiting next to me to see another watch I did notice the strap was nylon and I did like it. but did not look at the adapter to see if a nato would slide in. I kind of like that option though :-! I think im sold on the black and blue vs the black and white at amazon :)

·
Registered
853 Posts
:( I can't make it bigger. If anyone wants a larger one to print out, PM me and I'll email it.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
i like this crazy, bold pathfinder. i won't be buying, but i'd give a thumb's up to anyone i saw wearing one. and the wr gentleman is mistaken about this being the first amazon-exclusive watch design.

also, for what it's worth, casio used this accent style coloring earlier this year on a 1500:

·
Registered
242 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
What's the differences from the PAG line to the PRG line?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Is this a costco coupon sheet?
Yes, sir|>

Here's a larger one better for printing. I hope Costco lets you use it without the info on the back.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts