WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you guys like the Pathfinder? I'm thinking about getting one for everyday wear. Looks like they have a lot of models, and not really sure which direction to go.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Should try asking the Casio forum.
I love my Pathfinders and they are my goto watches for when I do anything sporty from jogging, biking, indoor climbing, swimming.
They even make good travel watches as the high end models also have world time.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
. . . and not really sure which direction to go.
Well a pathfinder will definitely help you with that!

Sorry, couldn't resist! :-d

If you're OK with a digital for every day use, then I say go for it. I would recommend one with a metal case and strap as the resin ones don't hold up as well over the long run.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I like mine a lot - it's got much larger and clearer digits than any of my G-Shocks. It's the one I take to festivals when I might have trouble focussing on a watch :)

Anyway, I suggest reading all the posts by Queen6. If there's anything you still don't know about the Protrek/Pathfinder range after that, I'd be amazed.

·
Registered
869 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
I enjoy my Pathfinder for travel, hiking and beach wear.

However, I like to look at old-fashioned watch faces, not digital numbers.

Therefore, I don't wear it often.

I do use it to set the time and date on my mechanical watches!

·
Registered
185 Posts
i have a paw 2000 that i am enjoy wearing on rotation. as maine states the digitial readout is quite large and legible compared to some of my other digitals. and the 2000 series (i think 200 outside usa) is quite thin for all it's functions. casio makes quite a few models so you have quite a bit to choose from.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I second this. Check out the ABC forums, those guys are really great. Just the other day though a PAW1300 was for sale at the sales forum for $100! #$%^&*()_(*&^%. Someone got lucky!

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Can't go wrong with the Pathfinders:-! super watches the PAW1500 is a nice watch most of the bells and whistles.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts

·
Affordables Moderator
17,578 Posts
Can't go wrong with the Pathfinders:-! super watches the PAW1500 is a nice watch most of the bells and whistles.

Holy Cow Shane! :-!:-!:-!

I have a number of ABC (altimeter/barometer/compass) watches including those from Suunto (Core, Vector), Casio (Pathfinder, Riseman w/strap compass), Highgear, Nike, Tissot and other various combinations of A, B and C and I have to say that for toughness the Casios come out on top. I think the Suuntos are more accurate, but when I want reasonably accurate data from a worry-free watch, I grab a Casio.

Cheers,
Griff

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Now that's exactly why I want a 2000, so I can put a decent leather strap on it! What model is that strap? It's perfect! :-!
It's a custom piece I made specifically for this 2000.

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Now that's exactly why I want a 2000, so I can put a decent leather strap on it! What model is that strap? It's perfect! :-!
It's a custom piece I made specifically for this 2000.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I have only one Pathfinder and it is my favourite outdoor watch. These Pathfinders are great and tough watches and affordable.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts