WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a while since the last once was released. Anybody know if there are any plans for Casio to be releasing a new one anytime soon? I'd like to purchase one, but not if it's going to be replaced within the year or two.

Eric

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, all they show on the Casio Japan site is old model with “new” titanium body which for me equals boring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
A PRX-9000 has been long overdue. But my wallet can wait, lol.

Based on Casio's current trend, my guess is that it will be a smaller form factor with Bluetooth, but will retain their classic titanium + resin sandwich design, along with sapphire crystal, Sallaz polishing, titanium carbide coating, etc.

I had a PRX-8000 but sold it as it was too large for my taste. Love my PRX-7000 though. You get what you pay for with the finish on these things.
IMG_20191220_124941.jpg

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still waiting…..

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've actually got a PRX-8025HT incoming from Japan. I'm looking forward to it! I view it as a happy-medium between the luxury of an MR-G with the functionality of a Manaslu, with a good readability that MR-G's can sometimes lack, without the scratchability that some MR-G's can exhibit. Photos coming promptly upon arrival!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've actually got a PRX-8025HT incoming from Japan. I'm looking forward to it! I view it as a happy-medium between the luxury of an MR-G with the functionality of a Manaslu, with a good readability that MR-G's can sometimes lack, without the scratchability that some MR-G's can exhibit. Photos coming promptly upon arrival!
By far, my most popular watch that choose to wear four days a week is my Casio JDM Mudmaster: The thing is a beast and is awesome!

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
How did I miss this model. Looks nice.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dunno, but I'm gonna find out! I forecast that it likely won't have the pure beauty of an MR-G, but it should be a nice step up from the stark appearance of a PRX-8000. I'm more of an outdoors person than most, so I've found myself missing a digital altimeter on my PRX-7001. And for everyday timekeeping, my MRG-G1000DC is gorgeous, but the readability isn't great; the colorway and complications aren't a great help. I'll report back on my PRX-8025HT experience...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dunno, but I'm gonna find out! I forecast that it likely won't have the pure beauty of an MR-G, but it should be a nice step up from the stark appearance of a PRX-8000. I'm more of an outdoors person than most, so I've found myself missing a digital altimeter on my PRX-7001. And for everyday timekeeping, my MRG-G1000DC is gorgeous, but the readability isn't great; the colorway and complications aren't a great help. I'll report back on my PRX-8025HT experience...
First photo! I took this new beauty up Mount Bierstadt today, elevation 14,060':

Pardon the bad photo quality; I was a little otherwise occupied. :cool:

As for the watch itself, I'm very happy. It has the ana-digi features I missed with my PRX-7001T (easy reading of altitude, total ascent, compass bearing), with nearly MR-G level of aesthetic beauty.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts