WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've been wearing Casio Pro-Trek watches for quite some time now and just wanted to make my move to one of the new Models. When I saw the new special editions being launched from Japan I was very eager to get it. However now I am a bit confused and I hope you guys can shed a bit of light here.

Since I am located in Taiwan at the moment, I was happy to find a eBay seller in Taiwan and bought the PRX-2000YT-1JR model from him with full buyer protection from PayPal as provided.

I received this watch today and had to discover the model number is
PRX-2000YT-1DRthough the watch looks completely the same as the 1JR model and also has the serial number and everything on the back. I just contacted the seller about it and I'm still waiting for an answer.

Then I did some research and it seems both models do indeed exist, though the 1DR model seems to be less expensive.

1JR MSRP is about 53.000 NT$
1DR MSRP is about 40.000 NT$

While I could not find any real information on the 1DR besides it being listed on http://pchome.com.tw (which is a pretty reliable website for stuff in my opinion) for NT$ 38.000 which is a pretty reliable website, I was even able to find this watch much cheaper on taobao.com being listed by some Chinese sellers for about NT$ 26.000 .

Now I am of course a little worried if I got scammed here and I am pretty sure that I will be returning this watch since at the very least he delivered an item with a much lower MSRP, but I am still wondering how this exact same model does exist when the original was limited to Japan and only sold there? Is it a fake?

It comes with a pretty legit looking Casio warranty card and everything but still I'm not sure what to do here :)

So if anyone of you knows which market the PRX-2000YT-1DR comes from and what the running price for the model is, I would greatly appreciate it - especially if there are any non-apparent differences to the 1JR model. At least they look 100% the same.

Best regards and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
The PRX-2000YT-1DR as far as I know is a legitimate release from Casio, the 1JR is the japanese domestic market release of the PRX-2000 and the domestic Protreks`s offer metric measurements only. The 1DR may offer both metric and imperial measurements, although I strongly suspect metric only will be the the norm, as being the 1DR it`s the same watch only designated for export (DR)

Q-6

1 - 2 of 2 Posts