WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, my watch is a w-86 (not a G Shock i I'm sorry) and the pusher on the top left that activates the light is no longer working. Has anyone else encountered this problem with a casio or have a fix?
Watch Rectangle Clock Watch accessory Finger

·
Premium Member
4,627 Posts
Hello everyone, my watch is a w-86 (not a G Shock i I'm sorry) and the pusher on the top left that activates the light is no longer working. Has anyone else encountered this problem with a casio or have a fix? View attachment 16176078
Is the button itself physically working, as in it goes in and out on the spring?

·
Registered
20,859 Posts
Could be the light bulb that died.

·
Premium Member
4,627 Posts
Duplicate Post

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Electrolume just dies sometimes, one reason manufacturers switch to leds in newer watches. If you think it might be the button, you can open it up and activate the light directly on the module. I'd guess it's not the button though.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
1/ open the case back
2/ put in a new battery
3/ with the case back still open, press the button to see if the light works (with the case open you can see if the button touches the module or not)
4/ if the light works, close the case back, be happy
5/ if the light doesn't work, close the case back, be sad that you waste money on the new battery, but then be happy right after that you did you best and learn something new

1 - 8 of 8 Posts