WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just put an order on amazon for 2 more watches!

The 5600 classic for 30 bucks. I made a post a few days ago, i mentioned that at one time the 5600 was in my possession, went through some old boxes in storage looking for it..turns out it was some off casio..a nice watch..but not the 5600..so many years foggy memory.

also picked up this non G shock
http://www.casio.com/products/Timepiece/Dress/MTP4500D-1AV/

it has slide rule, and for 55 bucks on amazon looks like a bargain.

gonna see if i can talk the girlfriend into getting my a Citizen Eco for xmas

those atomic frogman or the MTG1000 look really nice also. Who knows, I think Casio watches have a addiction factor, I can see it already.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts

The 5600 classic for 30 bucks. I made a post a few days ago, i mentioned that at one time the 5600 was in my possession, went through some old boxes in storage looking for it..turns out it was some off casio..a nice watch..but not the 5600..so many years foggy memory.

those atomic frogman or the MTG1000 look really nice also. Who knows, I think Casio watches have a addiction factor, I can see it already.

Casio syndrome good name for the addiction :-d :-d

btw I have the non g ad 520 which is over 15 years old and should have been called a g for all its lived through and keeps going :-!

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
technical name: GshockiusBuytomanyus

:-d :-d :-d :-d looks like we are going to see lots of names for the condition that effects us :-d :-d :-d

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:)

I had a quick question. How are the CTL 1616 battery's now. I read some threads from 2006 give or take with people complaining that the watch died after a year or two, then having to put a new bat in.

the watch in suspect is a GW530A-1V Solar/Atomic

it uses the 1616 bat. Did they improve these battery's . Would hate to have the device stop after just 2 years, when marketing says otherwise.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
the watch in suspect is a GW530A-1V Solar/Atomic
The GW-500 series were amongst the first solar G-Shocks. Along with the GW-300 series and the G-5600, they are known to experience problems. The problem may well be in the module, not the battery.

I don't know if the fault has been amended in more recently manufactured examples.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts

Welcome to GSA! Please stand, state your name and the next watch you plan to purchase!!:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d

1 - 9 of 9 Posts