WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
Great article thanks for posting it!:-!

What newspaper was this in?:think:

Interesting to see that they have upped the numbers on this premium factory a little bit. Used to be 250-275 pieces a day now it is 300-350 a day. If this is an indication of G-Shock as a whole then we can conclude the growth of the brand have been great this year, maybe up about 20% since 2012.

Also interesting to read only women work at the assembly line. I guess they think with smaller hands and more careful personality traits they do a slightly better work in handling the very tiny bits.

·
Sinn Moderator
9,688 Posts
Thanks for sharing the article as I found it very informative and interesting. I bought my first Casio F200 (and still have it, but sadly it no longer works) not long after the Casio watch was introduced in the the early 80's. It was a great watch and I enjoyed it on an accessory strap (as shown). The watch sat for years in my drawer and sadly when I sent it off to be repaired I was told it was not possible. Fast forward to the present and now I have 5 atomic/solar G-Shock watches in my rotation. Here is a photo of the 8 I had, but sold 3 of them. Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did some reading on the Casio MTD-S1000D..... wow !

G-Shock MT-G Metal Twisted Collection
G-Shock is pleased to present an official look at its most advanced range of MT-G models to date.
Inspired by the adventurous man that grew up wearing G-Shock watches but has since grown up and taken on a more refined, professional look, the new range of MT-G watches - MT-G standing for Metal Twisted G-Shock - includes three chronograph models that shine with sophistication. Constructed of high quality stainless steel at Casio's Yamagata facility in Japan, the premium timepieces, put through rigorous testing to ensure they measure up to the same high quality standards that consumers have come to expect from G-Shock, utilize the brand's advanced Core Guard Structure of stainless steel, resin and Alpha Gel to safeguard the mechanics under extreme conditions. Along with LED-infused Tough Movement for reliable timekeeping, the MT-G watches are rigged with Multi-Band 6 for automatic time calibration anywhere in the world and, of course, are Triple G Resist. Additionally, the elite timepieces have a dual-layer face with four subdials, easily activated via a Smart Access electronic crown. The Smart Access technology allows intuitive operational access to all key functions by simply unlocking the quick-lock crown and turning it in the desired direction. Sapphire glass with an anti-glare coating adds scratch protection and visual clarity, while a solid stainless steel link band is layered on the underside with resin panels for a comfortable fit.
Due to the material structure, it goes without saying that the MT-G watches are much more heavier than a standard resin-based G-Shock. To be exact, these new MT-Gs tip the scale at 6.6 ounces, which is more than double the 2.8 ounces of a standard G-Shock. That's a significant weight difference, but one that's well worth it if you ask us.
Three versions of the MT-G will hit the market later this year and early next year. First we'll see the MTGS1000D-1A, in a polished stainless steel, roll out in November with a $900 price tag. The following month in December, G-Shock will unleash the MTGS1000BD-1A, featuring an all-black ion-plated stainless steel construction, priced at $1,000. The cream of the crop, a limited-edition 30th anniversary model (MTGS1030BD-1A) with black ion-plated and gold details, will become available for public consumption in January for $1,100.

Casio-GShock-MTGS1000D-1A-Metal-Twisted-02-660x330.jpg

·
Registered
112 Posts
Nice one! Thanks...

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
I find it amusing that they say this is the first luxury G-Shock. :-d

1 - 20 of 21 Posts