WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This classic from the "Marlin" 100M digital line is available again.

I don't know if this ever really went away (except in the US), but I have seen it on a variety of US websites today.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I can't find one of these cheap enough for it to make sense.

They all seem to be £20+, which is very nearly G-Shock money. Nearer the
€10-15 Gerry mentions in his thread I'd have one, but I just can't make myself pay G-Shock money (almost) for a (slightly) lesser watch.

Shame, I quite fancy one.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
My main grip here is actually the size. Du no... I always found this one to be way too small... but rated battery life of 6 years (over 10 if you don't use alarm too much) make it an atractive option... :think:

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
i really like the shape, style and size of this watch, and its well built together as you see in my older thread. but the module is like the one from f105. with a CDT it could be much better. and it has nothing in common with marlin, except the 100m WR (that some marlin have, other have only 50m WR). i am pretty sure mine was only 10 or 11 euro.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i really like the shape, style and size of this watch, and its well built together as you see in my older thread. but the module is like the one from f105. with a CDT it could be much better. and it has nothing in common with marlin, except the 100m WR (that some marlin have, other have only 50m WR). i am pretty sure mine was only 10 or 11 euro.
The only Marlins I remember seeing (when they were still around) were 100M. (Improvement over the 50M). Then they just took the fish logo off the dial. Then they were marketed as "water sports" or something along that line. But they were the same basic watches.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually, I'm a little disappointed that the movement in this is like the F105 (no countdown timer). I prefer the movement of the W71, which has more features. That was more the type of 100M I used to wear back in the day.

·
Registered
546 Posts
i have it it's just too small i wore maybe 3 times and passed it on to my son he has the wrist for it i mean don't get me wrong it's a nice watch..just not for me...god bless

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just got this watch after buying it for around 20 bucks via amazon.

I'm very impressed with this size. I was thinking this watch was going to be like the f91 in size, but it's almost the size of my dw5000c!

I wanted a smaller casual casio type of watch to wear around the house instead of my Gs, and this one is kind of too big for the house. I'll have to stick to the f28 or f91 for in house.

Pictures to compare size.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I guess I must've been very fortunate to find one of these at the flea market and only for a few dollars. It was in pretty good condition too!
Here's a wrist shot of it:
Watch Wrist Hand Strap Fashion accessory

As someone else has already posted, it's only v. slightly smaller in size than a 5600 and does have that 'old school' classic look about it.
Lee

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The only problem I have with the watch (other than lack of features) is the way it looks. It's just a rare model these days. It was much more common in the 80's and early 90's. It's large size looks "nerdy" to me or something. (Not sure if that's the correct word.)

I prefer the looks of the W71. It's thinner, but it's also a lot more commonly seen these days. I know that *shouldn't* bother me, but for some reason it does. I'm sure that 99% of the population probably wouldn't even care.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
johnch´s pics show very well what makes this watch special, its the size. different thing than the f91 or w71, even the w720 looks thing compared to this. and it has illumination, while the others mention dont have. sadly it has no cdt.

shockister: marlins with 50m WR are w-35, w-36, w-24, w-23, w-21, pffff and some more i guess...

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
shockister: marlins with 50m WR are w-35, w-36, w-24, w-23, w-21, pffff and some more i guess...
Yes, you are correct. But I was referring to their evolution. The first time I ever saw the Marlin line they were all 100M by that point. Many people these days don't even consider a 50M appropriate for hand washing, even thought that's kind of silly. :roll:

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 20 of 23 Posts