1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any Casio watch.
Given:
Tropical island vacation.
Swimming, snorkeling, connected flights, timezones, driving around hiking and enjoying warm nights under stars and ocean rocking waves...
Beach, some paddling and a lot of good memories.
What watch you will take?
Giving all you have.
Today i will/may take my GLX5600 but i took W212H to Maui some time ago.
May take it again.
Small, easy to change time, light and frankly totally in tune with relaxed attitude.
W-212H-1AVES.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,257 Posts
Re: Casio watch to take to topical island vacation.

Lucky you!! :-!

Well if it were me.... First, I would never take only one watch. That’s what watch travel cases are for. :-d I would take a minimum of 3.

Mine would be...most likely....a D1000 Frog for beach/ocean activities. A GMW-B5000 square for when I wanted to dress it up a little. (Out to dinner, whatever) And a GW-5000 for all other times. ;-)

If I had to narrow it to two — gimme the Frog and the GW5K. Those two would cover pretty much every situation nicely.

Thanks for letting me participate in this fantasy vacation. (For me) Cause for now, I can only dream of a tropical beach vacation!

I might even have to throw a non-G into the mix. One of my dive watches would be the ticket for a tropical beach vaca!!

·
Registered
9,201 Posts

Just wondering. :think:
Is a topical island vacation the same as a tropical island vacation? ;-) :-d

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Gulfman GW-9110-1

Lightweight, moon phase/tide graph, all metal parts are titanium (won't corrode), loud alarm for a G.

View attachment 13560649
I found ability to be washed completely and easy very useful. Thus i think may be not G this time. It still has ocean salt on strap (3 years later).
Vacation is 7 days so no time to rust.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Just wondering. :think:
Is a topical island vacation the same as a tropical island vacation? ;-) :-d
One of the things i hate about modern tech is how it knows better and thinks for us.
Still it far cry from sexual harassment level typos of my former boss.
Fixed!

·
Premium Member
61,485 Posts

One of the things i hate about modern tech is how it knows better and thinks for us.
I thought I was the only one that Apple auto correct seemed to have it in for - changing random words to even more random corrections that it seems to think I want to use.

OP. Any of the square G's is ideal for a hol.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Most probably the GW-9400 Rangeman. No need to worry about anything, sand or salt water. It isn't large, so paddle away. Compass and barometer for hiking and predicting rains. Wish I could go on a real restful vacation already...

Reactions: Rocket1991

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Kauai 2 years ago as we just arrived.

I wore the watch in the ocean every day for our one week stay. Over night I let it soak in a glass of water. No problems, the band, bezel and all other parts remained just the same. Occasionally I did use some sun screen (Rubber Ducky - marine life friendly), although not around the watch, but I was not overly cautious either.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Kauai 2 years ago as we just arrived.

I wore the watch in the ocean every day for our one week stay. Over night I let it soak in a glass of water. No problems, the band, bezel and all other parts remained just the same. Occasionally I did use some sun screen (Rubber Ducky - marine life friendly), although not around the watch, but I was not overly cautious either.
Took my Gw-5000 to Kauai 2 years ago myself. Can't wait to go back!

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You do need alarms and date, after certain time you need to be reminded of sad truth.
Weather prediction... it was raining on the left and sunny on the right.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts