WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In honor of meeting Russian New Year's present to Catalogue of watches and watch Furniture Accessories published in 1957. katalog soviet watches 1957.pdf Picasa Web Albums - . Thanks to the President of the Russian clubof watch & clock collectors for giving the book. I had to a little handle scans, but had only enough strength for wrist and pocket, just used a little protection.
000.jpg

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Many thanks for the scan, [katolik]!

So, the catalogue shows watches/clocks and their parts? Can you tell us anything else about this catalogue? Was it intended for watch-repairers?

Also, how sure is the year "1957"?

Thanks again!
Paul

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In the preface the catalog says that the purpose of this book to familiarize employees trade and repair shops with an assortment of watches and spare parts. Year of publication determined by the date of signature print August 29, 1957
year.jpg

·
Registered
214 Posts
This catalog was probably the first printed after 1945.In the introduction it is said that other catalogs could be printed in the years to come. It was printed in 1957 (8000 copies).
I own a copy,I startedscan and got to page 29,but now thanks to Katolik:-! i can avoid the hassle:-d
Like all Soviet catalogs his "public" were the institutions,department stores,etc..that all organizations that could have the task to sale and support watches and clocks.
The catalog is a unique being the only one where we can see the details of the dials,hands,case,etc.The images of the parts are not drwan to scale.

It is very interesting because it is a snapshot of Soviet production in the mid-fifties. There is a lot to learn here.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
thanks for the additional information, [Katolik] and [mchap]!

Paul

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Looks interesting, but I don't see it after clicking on the links?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Well, thanks for sharing! I'm downloading it right now!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts