WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just a short simple question - Is ordering a catalogue from Oris website free? Like... I just give my details and they send one?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I was given one by an ad whilst window shopping, so if you're close to one maybe pop in and ask for one, it's free!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, filled that form, now I wait, I guess, and see what happens. Is this common among watch companies? They'd just ship a catalogue to someone who asks for it for free?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oris do tend to blow a bit hot and cold on the CS front so try them (it should be free) AND give the AD a try as well. You may end up with 2 but that's a lot better than 0.
Yeah, I actually tried to contact them via their site before asking here, but haven't got any answer, and I did wait enough to make sure. For the record, their answer was supposed to be sent to my email or through their site?

·
Premium Member
60,706 Posts
Oris should have responded to you no matter how you contacted them. Me saying that their CS blew hot and cold was just me trying not to say that some people had a terrible time with them. To be fair to Oris some folk have reported that they had a great experience dealing with them.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oris should have responded to you no matter how you contacted them. Me saying that their CS blew hot and cold was just me trying not to say that some people had a terrible time with them. To be fair to Oris some folk have reported that they had a great experience dealing with them.
What I meant is I contacted Oris via www.oris.ch > Myoris > Contact, were they supposed to answer via email or in the site, to my account?

·
Premium Member
60,706 Posts
Being very generous I think that 3 weeks is plenty of time for them to get back to you but I wouldn't be in the least surprised if a catalog clattered through your letterbox in mid February. That's why I suggested you approach an AD as well.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well when I contacted them to ask the same question I've asked in this thread I've waited for more than a month for them to respond.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I doubt the AD around here even got them in possession... Well, let's just hope they'll send one. Are there more manufacturers who send catalogues for free?

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
I'm a bit surprised at some of the responses here. I have made this request through the Oris website in the past and promptly received their catalog in the mail. Submitted for the 2016/17 edition a couple of weeks ago and it arrived today. Which was fortuitous as this happened to land as well...

20161215_untitled_001.jpg

Artelier Worldtimer Greenwich Mean Time LE. Absolutely stunning. I adore this brand and praaaayyyyy they stick to their independent roots.

·
Premium Member
60,706 Posts
You see what I mean about Oris CS? My last one came just after a 2 month delay. I'd given up on them and asked my local AD for one when Oris finally came good. P, speak to your AD and if he hasn't got one ask him to speak to the Oris rep and get one.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You see what I mean about Oris CS? My last one came just after a 2 month delay. I'd given up on them and asked my local AD for one when Oris finally came good. P, speak to your AD and if he hasn't got one ask him to speak to the Oris rep and get one.
Might be worth a shot. Thanks for the help. Will brands like JLC or IWC send those for free as well?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cool. I like both JLC, IWC and Zenith for the same reason I like Oris - IWC / Zenith battles Rolex and JLC battles the other Haute Horology brands, in the same sense that Oris battles Tag Heuer / Longines, which are both big names. They're all very honest makers, which bring more to the table than just a well known name. I know I'll get a better watch from Oris than Tag or Longines, tested that first hand, and I bet I'll get a better watch from IWC / Zenith than Rolex and JLC than say AP. I value JLC very highly for their engineering prowess.

·
Registered
11,652 Posts
When I've contacted Oris with questions about my Divers 65, I got responses in a day or two (less than a week for sure).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts