WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Surfing Equipment Surfing Wave Surfboard Boardsport

'Catch a wave and you're sitting on top of the world'
The Beach Boys

Volkan Watches, (not to be confused with Vulcain Watches) are all about big surf, and they have as brand ambassadors some of the world’s best and most dedicated surfer dudes. The brand is based not in the Swiss horology pressure tank of La Chaux de Fonds, but more suitably in the relaxed and carefree Canary Islands, and there are not many watch brands you could name from that bright and sunny locale.

Volkan was founded by French native Samuel Cohen, an experienced surfer and kite surfer. After being in the business of import and the production of jewellery for the last 15 years’, Samuel decided to combine his business with his passion for extreme sports and turned his dream into reality.

Recently Ernie Romers was asked to take some pictures of Volkan watch models from both the men’s range and the ladies range, and he duly obliged.

Mens’ watch: Volkan Blue Edition chronograph

Christmas ornament Sphere Silver Interior design Ornament

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

The men’s Blue Edition watch shown here is a chunky 44mm with sub dials at 3, 6 and 9 o’ clock showing date, minute & second chronograph, as well as a 24 hour indicator. The watch case is made from tough 316L stainless steel and it’s powered by a trusty Seiko quartz VD53 movement.

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Wrist Watch Hand Fashion accessory

Bumper Auto part Vehicle

The bold red superluminova hands provide good contrast and excellent readability against the ocean blue dial and there’s a nice bit of matching detail with the red pusher on the chronograph.

Watch Analog watch Fashion accessory Strap Watch accessory
The blue dial is interesting because it switches to a darker blue when the light changes simply by moving your wrist. A matching smooth silicon blue strap sits comfortably on the wrist. The watch is water resistant to 100 metres which is more than enough for treading the high rollers from Penzance to the South Pacific. At €149.00 the watch comes with a two year warranty.

Ladies watch: Volkan model 007P

Analog watch Watch Pink Watch accessory Fashion accessory

Watch Pink Silver Pocket watch Fashion accessory

Analog watch Watch Pink Fashion accessory Watch accessory

This 38mm ladies chronograph is suitably pink, but don’t mistake it for being girly. It’s powered by a Swiss multifunction dual time movement. The watch features sub dials at 3 and 9’ clock and like the men’s watch is made from 316L stainless steel. The dial design is clean with oversized numerals at 12 o’clock and lumed indices and hands for extra legibility. Probably due to the Swiss chronograph movement the watch is €119.00. It comes on a matching silicon strap and is also water resistant to 100 metres. Like the men’s watch, it is also guaranteed by a two year warranty.

Visit the Volkan Watches website

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have been reading this site for a while when I saw this watch and liked the look and information about the creator. Decided to order and I just received it. I then registered to make this my first post. The watch looks great and I have already received positive comments from friends. I'd like to say the owner, Samuel Cohen, personally and quickly answered a few questions I had. I hope to travel soon to somewhere I can use it as Volkan advertises, since there's not a lot of big waves in Iowa!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you! My next purchase is a Stowa Antea KS, now that I have my wife on board. Hopefully put in the order in the next week or so...then the waiting game. Now I've got to convince her I need a Flieger, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,725 Posts
Good looking watches at a reasonable price. Understandably they will be seen more on shore than off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts