WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has happened to some of us. What watch has been the quickest catch & release for you? I had a few that I owned for a few a months and then decided to sell but this is my quickest to date. Oris BC3 day date DLC. I received it last Friday and then shipped it back the same day. I just didn't like how it wore and hated the rubber strap. I put on a leather strap to see if it would change my mind but still didn't bond with it. I should of tried it on first at my local AD before buying it online.:-(

So what's you quickest catch & release watch?

·
Registered
6,160 Posts
Mine were a couple of Invicta's, several years ago. The decision to send them back was made within minutes of trying them on.

I've sent a Hamilton back, but it was because I decided to spend my limited resources on another Hamilton model. That one is still on my radar though.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
today.JPG

Hamilton Power Reserve: wanted it because it was hard to find. Got it and didn't too much care for it. so had it up for sale in two weeks.

Navy_GMT.JPG

Hamilton Navy GMT: Got this one for $200 wore it twice and sold it for $475

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
My quickest were a Kenneth Cole automatic (was an overpriced fashion watch) that was about 4 days, a Seiko quartz watch that I didn't bond with and that was about a week, and a stuhrling delphi that was about a month.

·
Registered
768 Posts
From owning to getting it sold, most take a few weeks.

BUT, from owning to deciding it's not right, one day for many pieces:

Oris Titan Diver = too tall
Fortis B-43 LE = too tall
Glycine Incursore 46 mil hand-wound = too big
PAM homage (and therefore no Panerais in the future) = too big / idiotic crown guard

·
Banned
6,316 Posts
my certina ds action diver... maybe a week and a half. didn't like the case (lugs). loved the dial and bezel, but couldn't get over the case/lugs

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
A seiko 5 diver when I first got started with this obsession. Felt like it was made out of recycled tin cans. Sold it after 1 day of wearing it.

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
Pam 24C with tritium dial,the radiation things scared me and the price for no B&P was wayyy too expensive,sold it within 10 days to fund for BNIB pam 24H (with superluminova) and pre owned rolex air king

·
Registered
21,047 Posts
It's got to be a tie between my Suunto Core Alu and my Helson Shark Diver 42mm. I feel bad about the Shark Diver. I shouldn't have sold it, but I shouldn't have bought it in the first place. I should have sold my full size instead.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Probably a week. I wanted a large chunky diver - got a Deep Blue and a Vostok 1967 to scratch the itch. Deep Blue was just so heavy. I think it was almost 300g. The Vostok just didn't suit me, and I was a little scared of the crystal cracking given how many posts there were about it.

I've also had a few which I regretted the purchase before I even received it but most were just me worrying over nothing. On the other hand, I do think I'm going to flip my Spork as soon as I receive it. I do not think the size is right, and I'm not a fan of all those minute markers.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean.

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Wow, interesting stories here! And I thought I was bad...!

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I tried two Hamiltons but just couldn't get over the spindly little hands.

A Sinn 103 Panda was just too tall and blingy.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Had a Muhle Glashutte Terranaut II with an olive green dial. Looked like an aviator watch, in the pics. I didn't bond with it and the OEM strap was pretty yucky IMHO. Like a few days on that one...

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Great thread.

Stuhrling Original Men's Lifestyle 'Winchester' Skeleton Automatic Watch #165.334514
I don't know what I was thinking.

Skagen Men's 233LTMN Titanium Black Mesh Watch
Worst watch band I've ever seen, the watch clasp is so weak and weird, the watch falls off all the time.
Sent it back immediately.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
On the other hand, I do think I'm going to flip my Spork as soon as I receive it. I do not think the size is right, and I'm not a fan of all those minute markers.
There we go, flipping the Spork already. Size is just too much; maybe it's just that I'm used to 38/40mm and titanium watches. I also would have preferred if the lume was stark white. The greenish tint takes away from the cleanness of the design for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts