WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Today at Baoguosi I caught many interesting watches, but the big fish is a very rare DPRK watch.:-D Although not in best condition, I think it is as rare as a hen's tooth anywhere. I would like to know its brand name, should anyone knows Korean. I guess it could be that famous beautiful mountain. I think I have seen that movement before, but not sure where.:-S

Cheers,

Zhang

Attachments

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,168 Posts
Hi,

Today at Baoguosi I caught many interesting watches, but the big fish is a very rare DPRK watch.:-D Although not in best condition, I think it is as rare as a hen's tooth anywhere. I would like to know its brand name, should anyone knows Korean. I guess it could be that famous beautiful mountain. I think I have seen that movement before, but not sure where.:-S

Cheers,

Zhang
Signed in English and Korean! How unusual.

That is definitely the same movement as in the Korean-signed-only 'Peony Mountain' posted a few months ago. At the time I thought it bore some similarity to the later 17 jewel Zhongshan (SN-3 ?), but looking at it again, I noticed the 3 locating studs on the balance-cock, and that led me back to that mysterious Sea-Gull 19 jewel that you posted a few weeks ago. I reckon it is basically the same movement. Is this Korean a pin-lever or jewelled-lever?

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Signed in English and Korean! How unusual.

That is definitely the same movement as in the Korean-signed-only 'Peony Mountain' posted a few months ago. At the time I thought it bore some similarity to the later 17 jewel Zhongshan (SN-3 ?), but looking at it again, I noticed the 3 locating studs on the balance-cock, and that led me back to that mysterious Sea-Gull 19 jewel that you posted a few weeks ago. I reckon it is basically the same movement. Is this Korean a pin-lever or jewelled-lever?
I am truely amazed at your mind power(memory).:gold :-! That Seagull 19 jewels is a mysterious pin lever movement, but with 19 jewels! This Korean one has a jewelled excapement, but they do look very similar from the layout.

So the brand name for this one is also "Peony Mountain"?

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just saw two such watches offered by a guy in Tianjin on the big bay as parts watch, but still with a big price tag. So it is Peony Mountain. I thought it was Jingang Mountain(diamond mountain?).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts