WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In spite of searching all the Tuna threads I could find, and seeing numerous wrist shots with wrist sizes mentioned I'm still not sure I can pull off the Darth.

I'm 6'2" and 220lb with an average (?) wrist size of 6.75in-7in. I had an Albacore Tuna (same size as the SBBN015) which size wise was a good fit, but had to flip it just because it wasn't "Seiko" enough for me.

The Darth Tuna is my grail, but I could live with the classic Tuna Can if it's more suitable for my size. Opinions please, and Thanks in Advance, plus a so so pic of my Seikos so far.
SDC11628.JPG

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
make a poll OP!

I like the 013

Reactions: dan55

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
^^
cheezus! :p

6,490 Posts
Free which prospex?

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk
The short answer is any regular production Prospex that we can get as an American AD. That's basically every Prospex on our website other than the limited production SBDB009 SD Tuna above.

https://www.watchuseek.com/f2/free-prospex-purchase-grand-seiko-1023986.html

We will be updating the Prospex section of our website as Seiko gives us more information and photos, but this will give you a good idea of the selection for a free Prospex.

Seiko Prospex | Timeless Luxury Watches

You can also get a free Prospex with the order of the new GS quartz diver, or any GS spring drive or GS automatic.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
In spite of searching all the Tuna threads I could find, and seeing numerous wrist shots with wrist sizes mentioned I'm still not sure I can pull off the Darth.

I'm 6'2" and 220lb with an average (?) wrist size of 6.75in-7in. I had an Albacore Tuna (same size as the SBBN015) which size wise was a good fit, but had to flip it just because it wasn't "Seiko" enough for me.

The Darth Tuna is my grail, but I could live with the classic Tuna Can if it's more suitable for my size. Opinions please, and Thanks in Advance, plus a so so pic of my Seikos so far.
View attachment 1484993
Is the albacore the le baby tunas with the ybokies shroud?

Love my sbbn015 so +1 on that but if i had the $ id probqbly grab the darth...but then you get into sbdx011 territory...

And the sbbn015 comes with a bracelet but honestly cant make a bad choice.

I would think the darth will look fine on you. I mean either watch isnt really known for its subtlety wouldnt expext to wear one comfortably under a shirt though....

(Also whats the one on the far left in your pic?)

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Out of those two I would go for the Darth as it will complement your collection. It is a lot bigger than the 300m Tunas or the MM300, but if you've already got a MM300, Shogun and Sumo I think it will make a great addition. Be sure to put it on an Isofrane.

You could also go with the SBBN017 as it's a more manageable size and with the steel bezel it's different from what you already own when compared to the 015. There is also the SBBN023 which is black with a bit of red and is the 300m size.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
With your current collection (which is fantastic) I would go Darth. If it was going to be a daily wearer, I would SBBN015

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thanks again for all the great responses !

Howa, Great comparisome wrist shot, Darth wins ! I love the green Isofrane ! Now I'll have to purchase both a black and a green. o_O

T.W.L., The SBDB009 is a beauty with an amazing movement but not for me.

mcnabbanov, I've decided on the Darth, just have to save a little longer now.

teatimecrumpet, The Albicore is a homage to the SBBN007 Tuna put together by Harold Ng, aka "yobokies". The Seiko on the left is a Shogun SBDC007, best bang for your bucks when it comes to Titanium watches, imho.

stewham + 5661nickolas, Thanks for the compliments on my humble gathering of Seikos, I'm very satisfied for the first time in a long time, and plan to purchase my first Isofrane soon, probably a green 22mm for the Shogun, decisions, decisions.

·
Registered
14,456 Posts
I always, always suggest people get the Darth. It's not that big.

I've had every* tuna except the Golgo 13, which is identical in many ways to the 015. I've even had the spring tuna.

The Darth is the best of them all IMO. It's the perfect package.

*every modern tuna since the Ti anniversary model back around 2000.

Reactions: jswing and Ottovonn

·
Registered
Unabashed Casio G-Shock fanboy
8,354 Posts
I always, always suggest people get the Darth. It's not that big.

I've had every* tuna except the Golgo 13, which is identical in many ways to the 015. I've even had the spring tuna.

The Darth is the best of them all IMO. It's the perfect package.

*every modern tuna since the Ti anniversary model back around 2000.
We spoke over the PM once. Even then you praised the Darth Tuna. When time comes for a battery change, do you think it'll be difficult for watchmakers in the states? If I recall correctly, it's similar in construction to a MM300.

*edit*

Woops, I re-read the PM. You did say that a few folks could change the battery. :D

·
Registered
Unabashed Casio G-Shock fanboy
8,354 Posts
Darth
here is on my 6.5 wrist.

the watch wears just fine!!
It seems Tunas were made for your wrist.

By the way, was your Darth Tuna modded to look like a golden Tuna? It looks amazing.

Reactions: giorgos mg

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
thank you very much
it belongs to a good friend,unfortunately not mine :(
sbbn013
we found nos screws & bezel from ssbs018 tuna and i made the swap
this is an amazing piece to see in person

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
You might find this thread on WristSushi instrumental.

About a year ago, I started in the same place - weighing a SBBN015 against a Darth Tuna - and called for comments from the Seiko crew there.

At the end of the thread, I settled on chasing a vintage 7549-7010, which after about 9 months of looking I was able to find a beautiful 1979 example of, for a great price:
A608F6B3-3F91-4D18-9D64-A4C464E7B556_zpsokp9h0qn.jpg
F8857E51-3667-4F61-BADC-6D4BF5894886_zpsfyfqfdit.jpg

*Very* happy I did - I would have been quite happy with a SBBN015, but for me this is even better.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
^ Nice! If I were to buy a used quartz from 79, the Tuna would be on the top of my list since it has proven indestructible.

The tuna bug is highly contagious, just a year ago I thought it was a hideous metal wart. Funny how a year before that I thought similar of the monster, and now I'm entertaining the idea of owning a SBBN015. Strange thing this WIS affliction is!

Reactions: estrickland

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm the OP and picked up a SBBN015 last November, it's been hogging most of the wrist time ever since.

Love it on the amazing bracelet and a black Isofrane which will be permanent for the summer.

Ironically I'd still like to add a Darth to the mix !

1 - 20 of 24 Posts