WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, I had a trade deal set with Alathea. Fortunately I hadn't made it to the post office yet because I received the following email..."The more I want to put it in a box, the more I find myself wavering....I think its something telling me that I should hang onto it for awhile." Keep in mind he already sent me an email with a tracking number for the package he was supposedly sending. Heads up guys, he's a welcher.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
I'm sorry the trade didn't work out for you, but I have dealt with Alathea and he is a good guy and treated me fairly. Sometimes people just have second thoughts about letting go of certain pieces. It happens to us all. It seems neither of you were out anything on this one, so I would hope you could cut him some amount of slack. Just my .02 cents.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sorry the trade didn't work out for you, but I have dealt with Alathea and he is a good guy and treated me fairly. Sometimes people just have second thoughts about letting go of certain pieces. It happens to us all. It seems neither of you were out anything on this one, so I would hope you could cut him some amount of slack. Just my .02 cents.

On the other forums I participate in, this is an offense that will get a person banned. Not only is is dishonest, but it's a huge pain in the ass.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Regardless of whether he had a change of heart, he had already commited, as did you. What if you had already sent your watch and he welched? I have had second thoughts many times on both sides of a sale or trade, but once I commit, I'm commited. Once both parties agree, it becomes a binding contract, period.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Since no money was changing hands AND I contacted him before I received a tracking from him I did not consider it as egregious. Ultimately, yes, I had second thoughts. Did I relay that after I had paid for a label? Yes. Did I construct something to get a watch for free? No. I emailed him at 9:49 PM with the label number, and a little after 10:10 THE SAME NIGHT that I had changed my mind ultimately as Id been going back and forth about it on my side. Its not like I waited a day, or until he sent something to me.

Ultimately you were getting the better part of a Sawtooth for a 007. I changed my mind, I let you know it changed before you sent it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In the adult world, a man is only as good as his word. If I had shipped mine based on your word that the deal was finalized and without checking my email again it would have been a giant cluster ..... The point of this thread is to warn others that you cannot be taken at your word, which you already admitted.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Hypothetical. I notified you, and it was the middle of the night-you hadn't been to the post office. Ive had two of these in the last two weeks. It happens. I deal with it based on the situation. If I reacted this way for every time a deal didn't work out in the 7 years ive been here then no one would deal with me and id deal with no one else. *smh* Ive nothing more to say on the matter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts