WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank's for the likes guys , it reall is a cool watch with TON's of soviet style .

Here is a shot beside another of my watch's ( a good one ) and it's captured the lovely purple/dark blue sunburst effect on the dial ,, its subtile but really neat ,, well done to the designer of this effect .

Beanerds

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another ' Sunburst 'shot , anyone else seen one this subtle before ? . I haven't .

\
And it's really cool . Sorry about the photo as I cropped the other watch out .

Beanerds .

·
Registered
995 Posts
Wasn't this done by some Chinese/Hong Kong company in cooperation with Slava? I've seen them on ebay. They also made these "CCCP" watches with, I think, Chinese movements, but I'm not sure.

·
Premium Member
7,095 Posts
Cccptime.com is based out of Hong Kong and they make USSR-themed watches, “From the design mind of Alexander Shorokhoff”. Some of the watches use the Slava 2427, most use what I thought were Miyota movements, some quartz, some 8215. No idea what kind of deal they have in place with Slava but I assume they pay them for the use of their name.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,440 Posts
Shorokhoff knows his market. Even though CCCP is more entry-level than his other brands, he understands that at least some of the customers expect more Russian than just the branding. Also by buying Slava movements for CCCP as well as for Basilika, perhaps he gets a better price.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wasn't this done by some Chinese/Hong Kong company in cooperation with Slava? I've seen them on ebay. They also made these "CCCP" watches with, I think, Chinese movements, but I'm not sure.
Yes you are right but still a Russian at heart .
Beanerds.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Forgot to mention , this one has the Slava movements made in Germany under licence to CCCP before the Hong Kong take over , as they are using the last ones then either Chinese auto's or Japanese quartz .

Beanerds.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Shorokhoff knows his market. Even though CCCP is more entry-level than his other brands, he understands that at least some of the customers expect more Russian than just the branding. Also by buying Slava movements for CCCP as well as for Basilika, perhaps he gets a better price.
You are right , I pay'd $93 aud delivered so the build is exceptional for the price , this is my 2nd , here is the first .

Slava automatic as well .

Beanerds.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The back of the 2nd one , the officers watch . One thing here is that the Leather straps on both of these are awesome !! super soft and comfortable .

The 1st the diver is the same .

Beanerds

1 - 14 of 14 Posts