WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are very excited to celebrate the launch of the our newest offering with the Dive for the Osprey Contest. This is your chance to win a Hexa Osprey and an adventure to get it.

Read the story. Decipher the clues. Win the watch.

We are also offering $250 off the MSRP as an introductory offer.

There has been quite a bit of discussion about the Osprey, as it relates to the F74 so we would like to share our thoughts.

We offered the F74 at a significantly lower price, because we wanted to make it affordable for the forum members who had collaborated with us on the various polls and surveys while we developed the watch. We did not have much markup on the F74 watch - and it was quite expensive to produce, due to the details like clean sheet design, matte ceramic bezel, applied markers, sunray dial, ratcheting clasp, etc. So, unfortunately, rather than the perception being that the F74 was a great deal, the assumption is that the Osprey is overpriced, comparatively. It should also be noted the the Osprey is hand assembled in the USA and includes a display case back and signed rotor - which adds significant cost to each piece. The lume on the Osprey is the improved version that we are using on F74 dial swaps. As mentioned above, we are currently offering $250 off the MSRP now as an introductory offer - so the price is currently $699, rather than $949 - much closer to the F74’s $550 price.

Regarding the design - we stated from the outset of the F74 project that we intended to use this as a platform for a new family of watches. All the options that we offered for voting on in the project were designed by us - we created a lot of options for each round and the members voted to choose from these for the colors, hand shape, etc. So while this was a true collaboration, we only used original elements from our end. The one member-submitted piece of art on the F74 was the Cthulhu drawing on the case back, which was not used on the Osprey. The dial graphics and colors, display case back and USA assembly are unique to the Osprey. Since the F74 design was met with such enthusiasm, we wanted to create a follow up that retained what made the watch a success and offer some new flavors and a few unique touches.

We hope that you enjoy the contest - Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
38,906 Posts
Nice idea. Like the watch design as well.

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
Like the blue dial. Is this model available now? Delivery ?
Thanks

Yes - Click on the Hexa Banner at the top of this page & check um out!

RD

·
Registered
38,290 Posts
That makes sense to me and I like the watch. There always gonna be complainers. My only issue was with the pricing as I said before but the current discounted price helps a lot. I am also a big fan of assembled in the USA. It's a good move. Wish more companies brought jobs back to the U.S. of course it'll cost a bit more.

Reactions: Riddim Driven

·
Registered
732 Posts
Where's Cthulhu? Great game!

·
Registered
3,663 Posts

·
Registered
8,702 Posts
The quality of the lume was addressed in the article you linked.
Appreciated, but it would be nice to hear some "concrete" indication of what has been done by the company (if anything) to resolve the issue we had with the F74. Or, did all the components remain the same?

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'd like to get something more concrete as well, since the picture is supposed to be of the new and improved lume?

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
Appreciated, but it would be nice to hear some "concrete" indication of what has been done by the company (if anything) to resolve the issue we had with the F74. Or, did all the components remain the same?
The replacement dial that was created for the F74 that had additional lume applied is now the final dial, and the same level of lume that is on the new Osprey. As we all know, lume photos can be somewhat deceptive.

The redialed F74 and the Osprey have sufficient lume to easily read the time all night, with the hands and bezel lume being the dominant means of nighttime legibility. I wouldn't consider lume or lack thereof to be an issue if one wished to pursue the Osprey or F74. It's very acceptable vs unacceptable, and I am a true lume enthusiast.

RD

·
Registered
502 Posts
Just purchased one from Radar1..Wow I like it more every time I wear it. In the sun the dial pops,hard to drive when you stare at your watch!!.It just feels right,its a perfect fit for me..Way to go guys most excellent,no regrets,its a winner for sure!! Thanks Don...Turboharm

1 - 15 of 15 Posts