WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Has anyone tried one of the ceramic clear coatings on their watch? I tried it today on a few of my watches and metal bands. It went on pretty easily and is not really noticeable. The coating I used was from amazon and has a hardness of 9H. Just hope to slow down the scratches a bit.

Here is the link.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073XT4DDY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Let me know if you have tried any of the ceramic products. Seiko's coating that they put on some of higher end watches gave me the idea.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
I dont see how this will prevent scratches that you will actually be able to see or be concerned about. It might prevent minor brush marks on polished surfaces at best that you will need very close inspection under targeted lighting to observe. Any reasonably visible scratch is deep enough that the impact will go through a film coating.

Besides, has this been rated to be safe on the skin? Your skin is in constant contact with this (all the more so on hotter days when your wrist expands and you sweat)

·
Registered
225 Posts
I was under the impression that part of the magic of ceramic coating is it needs to bond with the 'paint' or whatever material is underneath in order to last, and the thickness of the coating provided is measured in micrometers. On cars we use clear plastic film to prevent scratches and rock chips, but again they are limited in capability.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.