WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Watchuseek Community,

I wanted to share with you a recent discovery I made regarding the cases in "regular" Certina DS 2 models.

This might no be new to some of you but as I did not find similar information I decided to post this.

Getting back to the topic, I am a big Certina DS 2 collector and up to now have thought that all cases made for Certina DS 2 were produced by Huguenin Freres.

After my latest purchase, a rather beat down DS 2, I discovered the CB (Centrale Boites) logo inside. The reference is correct for the DS 2 so a back case swap is unlikely.

As I only knew CB was used for higher end or more "performance" orientated models like PH200M, PH500M, PH1000M, I am curious what is the story behind this rather unique CB cased DS 2 in a sea of HF Cases.

I am attaching some photos, thanks for sharing your thoughts and comments.

Alf

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have both Automatics and manual wind CB cases but only with low serial numbers. Not sure if it means anything and can just be my versions.
That is very interesting. I will check mine if I can still see the serial number and post back

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DS-2 are from the later part of the 1960s so 1968. The problem with the DS-2 is that it's not always possible to read the serial numbers as they are so shallow and have been worn out.
Unfortunately the serial is no longer visible on mine...i will have to search for another CB engraved one then hopefully with a serial visible and compare to yours. thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts