WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Certina DS Action Diver Auto

20K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  OSUMBA2003 
#1 · (Edited)
After months of deliberation, scouring of forums, and trying watches following this thread: What to buy: Auto diver, $300-$700, 40-42mm, Black Dial, Steel Bracelet, Handsome Looking, Accurate where I had requested for recommendations on an auto diver, I finally decided to go ahead with Certina DS Action Diver. Thanks everyone who either contributed directly to that thread or indirectly by posting their experiences, with certain watches, on WUS.

There were many choices within my price range. Towards the end I was mainly looking at: Armida A2 (flat crystal), Archimede SportTaucher, Certina DS Action Diver. Decided against Archimede because of the numbers on the face and it was between A2 and Certina. I only wanted to buy one so went with Certina.

Very happy with it so far except that it's been gaining about 12 - 14 sec/day so far. Have had the watch only for a few days. Do you guys think it will get better?

Here are some quick and dirty pics:

I like the fact that it's not too thick.

Doesn't glow like torch at night, but when I'm in total darkness I can still see the hands which is good enough for me. It's a usable and functional watch. This pic is after charging the lume with the cellphone LED flash for about 10-15 seconds.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
apologies for bringing this thread from the dead. I'm interested in the newer blue dial/bezel. just wanted to ask if the bezel is ceramic or not?

#6 ·
I believe the bezel has an acrylic coating. I really hope they offer the chronograph in that blue dial sometime soon.

#12 ·
I have had the exact same watch, IMHO it is one of the best looking watches in that pricerange. The titanium version is also a beauty. It is a brand that produces a comprehensive line of watches but for some reason not als "well know" as other Swiss brands in that pricerange like Tissot and Hamilton.

Is it available in the US already?

Enjoy it!

#16 ·
I have had the exact same watch, IMHO it is one of the best looking watches in that pricerange. The titanium version is also a beauty. It is a brand that produces a comprehensive line of watches but for some reason not als "well know" as other Swiss brands in that pricerange like Tissot and Hamilton.

Is it available in the US already?

Enjoy it!
No AD's in North America.
It's one of the best brands in it's price range. I really wish they would bring an AD to Canada so I could see the model ranges in person but I guess Swatch fears that Certina would take away from Hamilton and Tissot. There are very few Certina AD's that are willing to ship to Canada and US I presume. I've only found 2.

#13 ·
For all the praise these Certina Action Diver's get, and us much as people enjoy them, including me. Then why are people not willing to pay a fair price on the SF's :-s I've seen them languish, and folks keep lowering their price to sell them. I'm certainly not gonna give mine away. As is said it's a very nice watch and the quality is heads above, say, Steinhart.

What gives? :think:

RD

#27 · (Edited)
Hmmm...I just commented on this thread, then realized it was resurrected 3 years after it started.

Never mind!

Reactions: vizsladog
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.