WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, there is a shortage of information regarding the Certina DS First Day/Date. I've seen a few things on WUS, but nothing overly comprehensive. I'm considering this watch as a rolex explorer alternative, and it fits well with style, 200wr, and what appears to be good lume at a 40mm with 50mm L2L.

Does anyone have any good pictures at a distant? Too many up close shots of the watch, even the YouTube videos that. Any other long term owners have comments on it?

I originally posted via the Swatch section, but that has limited viewership.

It's either this or the sarb033 for explorer-esque design...

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have one of these I'm wearing it right now. You cand find some info in the following thread I also participated there:

https://www.watchuseek.com/f2/certina-ds-first-auto-581608.html

I really love this watch, sometimes I found myself interested in other watches just to then think: "this watch would replace my Certina in the watch box" and then I start thinking of dress watches or whatever. This Certina settled the metal bracelet sports watch for me. Of course if I could afford a VC Overseas my mind would change.

I have not much more to say other than what is in the referred thread. Probably my favourite part is the case and bracelet design. The case has a wonderfull finish, a really nice combination of brushed and polished surfaces. An yet I wouldn't be surprised if someone told me the case was made in Asia. The movement is a bit rough when hand-winding.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have one of these I'm wearing it right now. You cand find some info in the following thread I also participated there:

https://www.watchuseek.com/f2/certina-ds-first-auto-581608.html

I really love this watch, sometimes I found myself interested in other watches just to then think: "this watch would replace my Certina in the watch box" and then I start thinking of dress watches or whatever. This Certina settled the metal bracelet sports watch for me. Of course if I could afford a VC Overseas my mind would change.

I have not much more to say other than what is in the referred thread. Probably my favourite part is the case and bracelet design. The case has a wonderfull finish, a really nice combination of brushed and polished surfaces. An yet I wouldn't be surprised if someone told me the case was made in Asia. The movement is a bit rough when hand-winding.
Sold. Thanks for your input. Jomashop has it for $445, and I think it's the best rolex explorer alternative out there with its DS marketing and 200wr

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts