WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am considering to pick up the Certina DS PH200M diver and wondering if any of you folks have it and how much you are enjoying it.

I have been reading about this diver and it’s cool history. Looks like a cool and fun watch to have or like a vacation watch and wear it for daily use.

Just will like to know how it wears and especially if anyone has a Combat Sub, please share how the Certina wears compared to it.

It’s very cool it comes in a Pelican case, like Blancpain.
I am thinking of getting it on the mesh bracelet.

It seems they also released new colour edition - Blue, and that looks enticing as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
242 Posts
Certina DS PH200M reminds me of the Omega Seamster 300. I don't own one but Jomashop has an excellent price. Very tempting

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, yes I was looking at Jomashop too as pricing looks good. In terms of size, the Omega Seamaster and Combat Sub are big watches too at 42mm but they wear nice on my wrist. It could be subjective though, thus I am trying to seek some Glycine Combat Sub owners opinion. Though not necessarily the Combat Sub owners will own DS PH200M.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Can’t tell you anything about the other watches you’ve mentioned but I was one of the lucky few to get the new 2020 DS PH200M when it released.

The new one comes in blue, black or black with black PVD. There’s a few differences between the 2020 and the 2018, most notably is that the 2020 comes with a ceramic domed bezel insert rather than aluminium, nivachron balance spring and is fully polished - no brushed finishes at all on the case. The 2018 does come in the pelican case with two straps though!

If you want the blue 2020 version on the genuine Certina mesh then your only option is to buy it separately. That’s the only downside I could find before buying it but I got over it.

The PH200M dimensions are identical across both versions. For me the size is perfectly fine (7.2” wrist), but it is often a complaint by many others.

Any questions, please ask away!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Can’t tell you anything about the other watches you’ve mentioned but I was one of the lucky few to get the new 2020 DS PH200M when it released.

The new one comes in blue, black or black with black PVD. There’s a few differences between the 2020 and the 2018, most notably is that the 2020 comes with a ceramic domed bezel insert rather than aluminium, nivachron balance spring and is fully polished - no brushed finishes at all on the case. The 2018 does come in the pelican case with two straps though!

If you want the blue 2020 version on the genuine Certina mesh then your only option is to buy it separately. That’s the only downside I could find before buying it but I got over it.

The PH200M dimensions are identical across both versions. For me the size is perfectly fine (7.2” wrist), but it is often a complaint by many others.

Awesome watch, the blue looks regal!

Where did you buy it?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts

That bezel is freaking fantastic!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Definitely agree with you there! Keep your eyes on retailers as they should start filtering out to them.
Jomashop has the black version at a really good price! They’re out of stock for the blue though.

do you happen to have a picture of the box and papers that it came with?

I know the 2018 version had that pelican style box, haven’t seen anything about the latest version though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Jomashop has the black version at a really good price! They’re out of stock for the blue though.

do you happen to have a picture of the box and papers that it came with?

I know the 2018 version had that pelican style box, haven’t seen anything about the latest version though.
Just the standard Certina box and papers for the 2020 versions.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bought my Black last month. One of the best value for money divers I have bought, and I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
I prefer the first re-issues flat bezel insert to that new curved one. Looks to wear well on a smaller wrist for a 43mm watch.

·
Registered
135 Posts

I got the classic one with the hesalite. I prefer this one over the sapphire one because of the ‘white ring’ surounding the sapphire glass.
The watch wears a bit big, but is also flat so thats good.

·
Registered
24 Posts

I got the classic one with the hesalite. I prefer this one over the sapphire one because of the ‘white ring’ surounding the sapphire glass.
The watch wears a bit big, but is also flat so thats good.
Each to their own I suppose...I absolutely love the white ring!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts