WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Anyone here owns one? I just picked one up and love it. Love the multi functions. If you own one, please have some inputs as I couldn't find anything on it. Thanks, Hong

Attachments

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. After hearing from WUS members, I don't believe it is tc. That being said, I still like it a lot, and will probably keep it for a long time.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Thank you. After hearing from WUS members, I don't believe it is tc. That being said, I still like it a lot, and will probably keep it for a long time.
What function(s) does it have when you push the crown in? The caliber somehow looks vaguely similar to the Aerospace ...

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
As far as I know, the only Certina that is TC is the DS Master.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Recently I purchased one of these Certina's, what a lovely watch, imho very stylish en great looking with the titanium, saphire, sunburst dail and the digits.
It has the same movement as the Breitling Aerospace for example, its the ETA cal.988.333.
I think they are pretty rare because there is allmost no info on the www.

Grtz Citizens.

·
HAQ and AW moderator
7,848 Posts
Recently I purchased one of these Certina's, what a lovely watch, imho very stylish en great looking with the titanium, saphire, sunburst dail and the digits.
It has the same movement as the Breitling Aerospace for example, its the ETA cal.988.333.
I think they are pretty rare because there is allmost no info on the www.

do you have a link that documents your watch's movement is 988.333? That is not a TC movement AFAIK.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I believe victorinox is using this movement. It's not TC, but has the same exact functions of the movement that the aerospace has.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Iam Sorry English is not my first language as you can tell , I didnt know the meaning of the letters.
The search function brought me to this thread when i was looking for a topic about this watch
If you say it is not Thermo compensated then this thread was in the wrong topic for many years.....;-)
They say it runs about 2 sec of a month! that is a really nice number i think.

Here is a nice link to the movement(s)

http://www.mechanikus.hu/cal_ETA_directory.htm

·
Registered
602 Posts
Iam Sorry English is not my first language as you can tell , I didnt know the meaning of the letters.
The search function brought me to this thread when i was looking for a topic about this watch
If you say it is not Thermo compensated then this thread was in the wrong topic for many years.....;-)
They say it runs about 2 sec of a month! that is a really nice number i think.

Here is a nice link to the movement(s)

Makszy's view on horology - Accuracy and Development - www.mechanikus.hu - ETA calibres data

There are quite a few thermocompensated movements identified here, some of which I haven't seen before (almost certainly due to not doing enough research yet). Can we identify watches that use all of these?

Makszy's view on horology - Accuracy and Development - www.mechanikus.hu - ETA calibres data

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
There are quite a few thermocompensated movements identified here, some of which I haven't seen before (almost certainly due to not doing enough research yet). Can we identify watches that use all of these? Makszy's view on horology - Accuracy and Development - www.mechanikus.hu - ETA calibres data
The only place I know of that holds that information is the methods and movements sticky:
https://www.watchuseek.com/f9/thermocompensation-methods-movements-2087.html#post10233

At times a very observant member notices that Manufacturer A uses a movement that is known to be a TC movement. Like for example with the Certina DS2. It pays to read the post of these observant members!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts