WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings.

Im looking to buy my first "real" watch, and I would like to get the most value for my money.
What Im looking for is a pretty tradition watch, that is, round and without chronograph :)
I would like a watch that is durable, with sapphire glass and preferably made from titanium.
And of cause it should also be accurate ;)

As the title says Ive ended up looking at the Certina DS Tradition and Tissot PR50, which would you guys recommend?
And is the Certina more durable than the Tissot because of the DS feature?
How about accuracy, is that about the same for these two model?

Hope you guys can help me make a good choice.

Cheers

·
Registered
64 Posts
I don’t own the Certina but I have a Tissot PR50. Although its case is made of stainless steel and not titanium, I can tell you that it is just perfect! It’s an extremely comfortable watch and it works very accurately. I bought it 5 years ago and since then I haven’t had any negative experience. The Tissot PR50 is a perfect everyday watch: you can wear it without recognising that you have anything on your wrist. I don’t know much about Certina’s DS system, but this Tissot is durable enough. Its quartz movement works well and the watch itself looks nice. I absolutely recommend the PR50 titanium.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Check what kind of "DS" system. The normal is "just" sapphire glass och 100 m WR ( good enough).

I dont remember but to get screwed in case back and crown I think it must be labeled "DS Plus" or something. Even the Certina Podium is just "DS" while the Tissot PRC for the same price got the DS Plus things

1 - 3 of 3 Posts