WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

121 - 140 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Shum, I've been reading your forms on Certina watches in my research on my own Certina pocketwatch. I see you're the best expert on the subject, I was just wondering if you could help me find the model/year
of one I received from my Great Grand-Father. If you have any insights I'd be delighted to know, I've had trouble with the serial and reference numbers, thank you very much.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 · (Edited)
Hey Shum, I've been reading your forms on Certina watches in my research on my own Certina pocketwatch. I see you're the best expert on the subject, I was just wondering if you could help me find the model/year
of one I received from my Great Grand-Father. If you have any insights I'd be delighted to know, I've had trouble with the serial and reference numbers, thank you very much. View attachment 15554066 View attachment 15554067 View attachment 15554069
Hello there!

You have a very nice caliber K.F. 260 pocket watch from 1947 with a 20 micron Gold filled case.

Certina pocket watches are rather rare and I have actually never owned a mechanical one as they always run away in price at actions and because yours has a gold filled case it's a bit above most of them in quality.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I
Hello there!

You have a very nice caliber K.F. 260 pocket watch from 1947 with a 20 micron Gold filled case.

Certina pocket watches are rather rare and I have actually never own a mechanical one as they always run away in price at actions and because yours has a gold filled case it's a bit above most of them in quality.
Thank you for the response, it's great to discover what model it is, I had a feeling it was around that decade but very happy to hear! It's wonderful to know the history, I'd like to thank you again for replying :)

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
I

Thank you for the response, it's great to discover what model it is, I had a feeling it was around that decade but very happy to hear! It's wonderful to know the history, I'd like to thank you again for replying :)
Certina is such an underrated brand today but has started to get more and more attention so buy some nice Certina watches for yourself before they go up too much in price. :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Many thanks on the comments on the DS2! One question regarding the watch: Do you think the crystal is original? Its kinda angular in look, and has a wide split tension ring, which also goes under the crystal. I tried to draw what I mean.
IMG_20201118_082923__01.jpg
IMG_20201118_082519__01.jpg

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
We really need a dedicated Certina thread and a place to share our experience with Certina watches.

I give you the most sought after Certina model there is. Maybe not the most expensive but one of the hardest to find in good condition.

View attachment 13007233
The amagnetic and this one is from 1964 and was only sold as a special model fore those that needed extra protection. These have either 014 or 114 cases and are a little thicker then the 012, 013, 112 and 113 cases.
I know this is random, but that minimal Certina logo is decades ahead of it's time. Up to this point I thought that was a new, modern Certina logo.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 · (Edited)
Many thanks on the comments on the DS2! One question regarding the watch: Do you think the crystal is original? Its kinda angular in look, and has a wide split tension ring, which also goes under the crystal. I tried to draw what I mean. View attachment 15554308 View attachment 15554309
Never seen that type of tension ring on Certina crystals myself.

I know this is random, but that minimal Certina logo is decades ahead of it's time. Up to this point I thought that was a new, modern Certina logo.
They went back to the 80s logo a few years ago but the 80s logo is a throwback to ca 1950. :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Now, that's impressive! It would have been a DS-2 if only Certina had sold the first DS as a ladies version.
It's a shame they didn't. I like the look of early DS. It would be awesome to have a solid gold DS but there wasn't a ladies version of it either. On the other hand there are ladies Certinas without any male equivalent, like those little gold cuties.

(Sorry for non-Certinas on the photo)

121 - 140 of 154 Posts