WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was very interested in the Certina moonphase chronographs, however at 42mm they are just too big for my 6 1/4 inch wrists. I was browsing around the Certina website and I came across the Certina DS First Lady Chronograph Moonphase

https://www.certina.com/watch/ds-first-lady-chronograph-moon-phase/C0302501605600

This is a 38mm moonphase chronograph with the Precidrive movement so it should run at 10s / year. Now yes it is technically a "lady's" watch, however that's not something I would let stop me. Really the only "lady's" style feature is a star-shaped diamond as the 10 o'clock index but its pretty subtle. The fluted ceramic bezel is pretty sweet (reminds me a little of the Tudor North Flag).

MSRP is $840, I was able to find it for under $300 from Jomashop.

IMG_3565.jpg

It is a terrific piece. My only complaint is that is rather thick. For the price though I can't see how it can be beat

·
Registered
886 Posts
For that price it's for sure a winner. The thing I dislike the most is the black bezel. Also the lack of lume doesn't help. However again for that price I think you did the best thing !

·
Registered
988 Posts
That's a nice looking moon phase chrono. It isn't a common combination of complications these days. Good that you aren't letting the clueless Certina marketing department's "Ladies" label bother you. They should really be saving that label for the tiny shiny models.
It takes a real man to wear a "ladies" watch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts