WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
8/28: I'm glad to be able to say CFaber came through. Quick delivery ... closed the deal 8/25 ... shipped 8/26 per the box ... showed-up on my doorstep, today via USPS Priority as listed. Great looking watch as listed. Thanks!

CFaber accepted my offer 2 days ago for this watch, I paid in minutes, and I haven't heard from him since. No response to PM or e-mail.

I followed up with PP.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: HEY CFABER WHERE'S MY WATCH ?????????????????

Watch received today. I received after the watch arrived an e-mail from PP that Chris had added shipping details/tracking to PP.

Chris .... if you're out there ... reasonably communicating by responding to my follow-up PMs and e-mail like you did when you accepted my offer would have prevented this angst. I didn't low-ball you and paid you within minutes of your acceptance. There is too much scamming out there in this hobby. I am glad you were NOT one of them. We both have very positive buy/sell records on WUS.

In the spirit of fairness, the watch is beautiful and essentially "mint" as listed. The couple of scratches on the case back would not have deterred me or changed my offer. Time check is in process.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts

Sometimes emergencies take precedence over buying and selling a watch. Not saying this is what had happened but there may be a legitimate reason communication has stopped.

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD

·
Registered
2,099 Posts

Hey... looks like you jumped the gun a little, Ace. How about giving someone the benefit of the doubt before jumping to the feedback. I hope you never order something from China...

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Emergency? I sincerely hope not. Jumped the gun a little? I think not. The reason I received the tracking # email from PP today, after receiving the watch, was because PP sent him an e-mail. I wish he had responded to mine 2 days ago.

Reminder: PP told me they provide funds immediately for products/services, w/o a tracking number, unless the purchase was through eBay.

·
Registered
538 Posts

So...he provided a watch that was mint as described, offered at a fair enough price that haggling wasn't necessary, and had it arrive at your door within days of payment, and you are busting his balls?

Cripes, some people just can't be pleased.

Not everyone checks their pm's daily.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

A superlative example of hindsight being a beautiful thing.

For the record, there was no haggling because I offered a "haggle-free $525" of the $550. Almost 96%.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Thanks lactardjosh. I agree and will check how to do that.

The preceding was for Random Letters.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts

yeah drummer, I would agree with Josh... change the title. Sounds like a perfectly good deal that you freaked a little on...

ps I have a watch sitting in Mexico for 2 weeks now and I haven't called paypal yet....

·
Registered
538 Posts

A superlative example of hindsight being a beautiful thing.

For the record, there was no haggling because I offered a "haggle-free $525" of the $550. Almost 96%.
A superlative example of when to apologise for being unreasonable.

Your high offer is testament to the fairness of the initial price.

I've dealt with CFaber before and he is as good a seller as any on here and better than most.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
3,288 Posts

Just wanted to chime in that I had a very smooth purchase from cfaber with good communication and quick shipping. No knock on the OP posting this because his experience is his own, but I'm glad it turned out okay. In my experience, cfaber is one of the good guys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts