WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am now about ready to buy my first Rolex and I'm hoping to be get a new black face 36mm Perpetual. I have two questions on this.

1. Will I expect to wait for it ,or will there be UK stock?

2 Willll I be able to negotiate any discount on the £4300 retail price?

Thanks
Brian

·
Registered
114 Posts
I put my name down for a white 36mm in November last year. Still haven't heard anything. So at least here, in Germany, there's a wait.

I wouldn't expect any discount either. If you refuse to take the watch at retail someone else will take it the same day, even if it's just an OP.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
It should be fairly easy to get hold of one but with the Covid problems stock may be affected. The last time I was in my AD they had one in the case along with a couple of other OP and DJs but thats pre covid. If theyre not in stock youre probably talking a few weeks. As to discount. Highly unlikely unless you have a VERY good relationship with your AD. Even then its probably going to be a no or token gesture. Your best option is to try and buy 2 watches and get a whopper of a discount on the second watch. I know its a ton of outlay but you may be considering something else later in the year (birthday, anniversary, christmas) so if you can bring that purchase forward you might get a great deal. My ad wouldnt give me anything on my explorer (I wasnt expecting any by the way) but said I would be "looked after" with my next purchase and I certainly was. Best of luck

·
Registered
9,067 Posts
I'm going to be bold, and say little, to none. If you prove me wrong, good for you! (y)

·
Registered
11,480 Posts
Highly unlikely. Especially if they have to order the piece in for you.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
They are generally never available at ADs, but they are available by the skipload at the grey. Unfortunately the conversation there is how much more you have to pay than RRP, not how much less.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Can’t speak for the UK but I don’t think it would take too long to get one. Since the new year I have seen both black and white dials in 36mm at my AD here in the states. I’d have to agree with everyone else’s thoughts on not getting a discount. I tried to negotiate the price of an OP36 when I was picking up an Omega for my mother and was shot down instantly (which I expected)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello all. I am now about ready to buy my first Rolex and I'm hoping to be get a new black face 36mm Perpetual. I have two questions on this.

1. Will I expect to wait for it ,or will there be UK stock?

2 Willll I be able to negotiate any discount on the £4300 retail price?

Thanks
Brian

Well I just received a standard email from Goldsmiths saying there was a waiting list & to register to show my interest, so i'll try working my way round the local AD's,

Thanks everyone for replying,

I was considering a second hand one, but the prices are just ridiculous, in a lot causes MORE than a new one? Why would you pay more than retail for something a couple of years old? Lack of patience! I can't get my head round it.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Well I just received a standard email from Goldsmiths saying there was a waiting list & to register to show my interest, so i'll try working my way round the local AD's,

I was considering a second hand one, but the prices are just ridiculous, in a lot causes MORE than a new one? Why would you pay more than retail for something a couple of years old? Lack of patience! I can't get my head round it.
Welcome to Steel Rolex World!

·
Registered
749 Posts
In other countries it is a model that is easily findable.
However, the msrp of the OP is already 10% lower in the UK than in the rest of Europe.
That is a decent discount already.
But if you can get it cheaper, good for you.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Depending on your location you may need to wait a little while. As I understand the white and the black models are very popular and were pieces which required allocation. You should be able to get on a waitlist relatively easy for one of these models, but unless you’re lucky, it’s unlikely that you will find one off the shelf...

Regarding discount - I don’t think that it’s possible. Because the models are in demand, if you won’t pay full MRSP the next guy will...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
859 Posts

Good for you not paying more on the secondary market. For Rolex new and at retail, especially for your first one, is the way to go. I'd go with a Rolex dealer that is nearby and place the order. I'm not sure how the UK supply chain is but in the US it might take 2-3 weeks from what I'm seeing from others online.

Don't be worried about waiting years like some of the professional line models. Datejusts and Oyster Perpetuals often need to be ordered these days but the wait is often far less. Good luck and post pics when you get it! :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Definitely order it and wait. Do not pay more than retail on the grey market, that's also a personal guideline. How different things are today... I bought an OP 39 from an owner who 'didn't connect with it' early last year. The guy hadn't even worn it! Paid less than retail for a new watch... no such luck today, so I'd stick with the waitlist for a few weeks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts