WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had a 5600E lying around that needed a new battery. Changed it and it was working fine. Screwed the back on with the little screws and checked the EL and alarm and all worked fine. Tried the EL light about an hour later and ...nothing. Everything else is OK, but the EL doesn't respond when the button is pushed. Any ideas as to what could be the problem?

EDIT: Se t the alarm with the flash symbol and EL flashes like normal (1545 module). Hhhhmmm...seems to be the button itself... Looks like I'll have to open it back up and see if there's an obstruction. Glad I'm not a surgeon!!! LOL!

Thanks for any help!
Kev

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
Hi Kevin,

It looks like the module is poped up a little. If you open the back, make sure the small lips of the module are not on the button, but agains the button. You can make them in the right position with a small (pointy, needle or tweezer like) object. Just push the lip inside until the button is freed... (with lips I mean the metal parts that make contact, as in the picture at the 2)

(sorry for my crappy English).

I hope this helps, it actually occurs more. I think I need to make a more clear picture or photo's,

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Kevin,

It looks like the module is poped up a little. If you open the back, make sure the small lips of the module are not on the button, but agains the button. You can make them in the right position with a small (pointy, needle or tweezer like) object. Just push the lip inside until the button is freed... (with lips I mean the metal parts that make contact, as in the picture at the 2)

(sorry for my crappy English).

I hope this helps, it actually occurs more. I think I need to make a more clear picture or photo's,

Cheers,

Sjors

Thanks, Sjors!!! Just what I needed! It was your pics and drawings that helped me to change the battery in the first place. Doing it on a model with the small screws was very easy and I didn't have to worry that the seal would get bent out of shape. Can't believ I never tried it before! :-D

I'll give your rec. a shot.

Thanks again!
Kev

1 - 3 of 3 Posts